New compressor first oil change

Tony1968

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Jul 1, 2018
NW Indiana
Broke in correctly. Have right under 20 hours of run time so I just did first oil change, re torqued heads, changed air filters. I filtered the old oil and this is what I found. Would you consider this ok???
Never had this type of compressor at home. Did many oil changes at work but never checked oil for debris. Always had analysis done with high end comps for plants i worked at.
20220709_122302.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

Streetbu

Know it all, that doesn't
Supporting Member
May 22, 2011
Central NY
Manufacturing debris. If it still runs ok, send it.

• Agree
Reactions: 5 users

Rt Jam

G-Body Guru
Mar 30, 2020
Ontario Canada
I would not do this on an internal combustion engine but on a compressor. Keep doing oil changes, filter, pour back in and repeat.

SSMonteMan

Greasemonkey
Jun 12, 2015
I'm a small engine mechanic, I service compressors often.

This wouldn't concern me at all. Definitely from manufacturing or assembly. You don't usually get stuff like this on higher end stuff, but with anything made in china within the last couple years... Expect quality control to be non-existent, at best.

What you want to keep an eye out for is glitter in the oil. Large chunks like this wouldn't even get splashed up off the bottom of the pump.

• Agree
Reactions: 5 users

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor