New daily driver.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cutlassjim

Apprentice
Aug 7, 2006
I'm not sure where to put this as there is no Misc or not G-body related section but here we go.

I finally got sick of my old Explorer and getting 13 miles to the gallon so I broke down and bought something a little newer that would get a little better milage. Here's what I came up with.

DSCN1204.jpg

It's a 2002 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP (G-body roots 😀 ) I really want to keep it stock but knowing me that won't last. It's already pretty quick stock and I've been getting 23 MPG for the past 2 weeks.

DSCN1207.jpg

DSCN1209.jpg

DSCN1214.jpg

And the crown jewel, the L67, series II, M90 blown, 3.8 😀

DSCN1217.jpg

That L67 is a pretty rediculous engine. Especially, if you have the GTP "performance shift" button on the side of your shift knob. Sadly, I only have the L36 non-supercharged engine in my Monte. But it's alright... I'm putting in a Cadillac Northstar V8 anyway, so who cares? haha! Have fun with the GP. W-bodies are great cars.

:wink:

Thats a nice set up on those 3800's...if you want to kick it up a notch switch the pulley on the supercharger...if you go with a 3.5 pulley you can get an extra 25 hp out of it....

Well I knew this thing wouldn't stay stock for long and it looks like I was right. So far it's got a modified to poop factory airbox with a K&N filter, throttle body spacer, 180* thermostat, two range colder plugs, a 3.4" pulley, and a 3" stainless downpipe with a high flow cat.

All I can say is the car now flat out HAULS!!! You can't go more than 2/3 throttle in first with out the front tire(s) roasting, then when it hooks up the car just pulls like a train. Hello 310+ lb-ft of torque!

I still can't get over that factory U-bend in the exhaust. For those of you who don't know it's a kink in the downpipe after the cat so the O2 sensor is protected from debris. It's gross, pics:

New downpipe
DSCN1312.jpg

New VS.Old
DSCN1314.jpg

The U-bend Ew
DSCN1317.jpg

DSCN1319.jpg

Nice GP! I really like those Supercharged GTP's. I know a good forum if your intrested?

Holy cow!! I bet just that beautiful down pipe added 25 hp righ there!! Good looking car man, nice choice.

I really hate to bench race but I gotta think all the mod's added 40-50 hp to the wheels, up from 200 stock. It really is an insane difference. I raced a G35 coupe on the highway the other day and handed him his *ss. Also raced a friend in his lightly modified EVO VIII (Intake,exhaust,MBC) and I kept up with him when we didn't race from a stop.

Let's just say this thing is now a LOT of fun to drive. I just want to get a modified PCM, do a little suspension and brake work and enjoy the car.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor