new dude same old questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tswanson

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 2, 2015
hey new to this forum although ive had a couple of g bodys over the years. currently have a 79 malibu wagon ill post pics soon. just wondering what, if any junkyard oversized front swaybars will work on my car thanks

Ribbedroof

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Jan 4, 2009
Wellston, OK
A lot of wagons already have a large bar on them, but the usual suspects would be Monte SS and I believe F body 82/92.

Post up a pic, we LOVE pics! (especially wagons)

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Welcome aboard!
We'd love to see pics of your wagon.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

O. D. Showtime

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 6, 2009
Regina Sask. Canada
Welcome to the site!

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

UNGN

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 6, 2016
Southlake, TX
The larger 3rd gen F-body bars are generally hollow so they save about 12lbs over a solid 32mm. Look for 1/8" diameter drain holes near the Eyelets to spot a hollow bar.

The 34mm and 36mm Fbody bars need to have the U-straps shimmed 1/8" - 1/4", but otherwise bolt on.

• Informative
Reactions: 2 users

timo22

G-Body Guru
Sep 10, 2012
St. Louis,Mo
Welcome to the forum! Good luck at the yards but if you strike out, I have plenty of 36mm and 34mm hollow front bars. I also have plenty of F41 suspension bars and braces. Here are some other parts :
1 1/4" solid front bars
7/8" rear bars
Jounce bars
Core support X-braces
Inner fender braces
Cowl to core support braces
Jeep shafts
Feel free to contact me if need anything...timo22

Reactions: 2 users

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
You can't go wrong buying from Tim. He's a class act.

Reactions: 1 user

timo22

G-Body Guru
Sep 10, 2012
St. Louis,Mo
Sorry, I guess I didn't really answer your question. I've collected suspension upgrade parts for gbodys for over twenty years.
For 34 mm and 36 mm hollow bars , look for 82-92 Z28 's and Iroc Camaros. Also Formula and Trans Am firebirds.
For F41 front and rear sway bars, look for Monte Carlos and Cutlass's.
The Cutlass usually also has jounce bars and sometimes core support x braces.
The 81-87 Grand Prix will have a Gp bar which is also a popular though hard to find brace.
The Regal and the Malibu typically did not come with any of these upgrade parts, but like all GBodys, these parts are all simple bolt ons which immensely improve the handling characteristics of your car...timo22

• Informative
  • Agree
Reactions: 3 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor