New fiberglass bumpers and gas tank issue

Discussion in 'Body / Trim' started by Crd80BU, Jun 7, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Crd80BU

Crd80BU Greasemonkey

I plan on buying the 80 malibu fiberglass bumpers and am wondering what parts of my old bumpers I need?

Still attached to the old bumper is the middle piece but it isn't attached to the car in any way

My gas tank has 2 lines 1 to the motor and another that I assume is a vapor line, it was wide open half way down the frame on the drivers side just laying in the channel. Where does it belong?

Im painting it the afternoon 1/3 Tremclad flat black rust paint 2/3 Tremclad semi gloss rust paint, I'm doing the frame and all undercarriage with that unless someone has a better cost effective method

Attached Files:

2. 80ELCAMINOFLAKE

80ELCAMINOFLAKE Comic Book Super Hero
    80z Babiez Car Club

ur gas tank will not be in the way....and when u took off your chrome bumpers u can leave everything on...when i put my tucked bumpers i just slapped them on...didnt remove anything..

sorry to post pics in your thread, just wanted to show u what it looks like with out removing parts or tank..

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. Crd80BU

Crd80BU Greasemonkey

Thats the bumpers I'm getting. When you remove the old chrome bumper from the frame the 2 mounts go back on and is that all thats holding the new bumper on?

Attached Files:

4. 80ELCAMINOFLAKE

80ELCAMINOFLAKE Comic Book Super Hero
    80z Babiez Car Club

do those go in the front or rear, to me they look like the front....you can leave them on...i dont remember seeing those when i took my bumpers off....front you need to remove your bumper fillers and attach the front tucked bumper to the holes where the fillers where, same for the back, remove the rear bumper filler and put rear tucked bumper, line up to the screw threads that are already there and ur good to go, take about 30 mins total.

Attached Files:

5. Crd80BU

Crd80BU Greasemonkey

Sweet I'm good to go with that now, those are the rear and they bolt on the shock unit. They are in the chrome bumper one on each end

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.