New from Florida

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monteman87

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jul 17, 2022
First of all Happy Thanksgiving everyone! I have a 87 SS, heres a bit of its history. The car was originally bought new by my dad in North Florida,and was in his possession until his passing in 2020. I met him for the first time when I was 28 in 2016, and quickly found out that we both had a love for classic cars and motorsports. Both of us were and are still automotive mechanics aswell 🤯. We spent the following years trying to catch up until his health took a turn for the worst, and the car was left to me. For the most part its in pretty solid condition, was garage kept. It does have 184,000 miles on the odometer though, so he obviously drove it. It still has the factory 305, Quatrajet TBI ? and transmission aswell. Zero to hardly any rust. Has the usual mods for the era. Tweed wrapped center console and dash, 2 inch drop spindles, 16" Torque Thrust Wheels, Autometer 2 5/8 gauges,etc. Looks to have been repainted and stripes have been removed.Since Ive had it Ive thrown a set of Flowmaster 40 series mufflers on it, a AFR gauge and realized it only needs a horn button and the a/c charged up to be mint in my opinion. For now my plans are to keep it as a cruiser and possibly swap the engine if the time should arise. Sorry for the long post, I feel like he'd want me to brag about his "woman" as much as he did. Looking forward to talking to you guys!

Attachments

• 20210830_151712.jpg
    20210830_151712.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 70
Reactions: 7 users

abbey castro

Royal Smart Person
Oct 31, 2015
Harker Hts TX
First of all Happy Thanksgiving everyone! I have a 87 SS, heres a bit of its history. The car was originally bought new by my dad in North Florida,and was in his possession until his passing in 2020. I met him for the first time when I was 28 in 2016, and quickly found out that we both had a love for classic cars and motorsports. Both of us were and are still automotive mechanics aswell 🤯. We spent the following years trying to catch up until his health took a turn for the worst, and the car was left to me. For the most part its in pretty solid condition, was garage kept. It does have 184,000 miles on the odometer though, so he obviously drove it. It still has the factory 305, Quatrajet TBI ? and transmission aswell. Zero to hardly any rust. Has the usual mods for the era. Tweed wrapped center console and dash, 2 inch drop spindles, 16" Torque Thrust Wheels, Autometer 2 5/8 gauges,etc. Looks to have been repainted and stripes have been removed.Since Ive had it Ive thrown a set of Flowmaster 40 series mufflers on it, a AFR gauge and realized it only needs a horn button and the a/c charged up to be mint in my opinion. For now my plans are to keep it as a cruiser and possibly swap the engine if the time should arise. Sorry for the long post, I feel like he'd want me to brag about his "woman" as much as he did. Looking forward to talking to you guys!
I hate white cars, that is why I have 3 of them:)

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
G-Body of the Month
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Welcome aboard! Thank you for sharing some history about your Monte and how you acquired it. It looks like it ultimately went to a good home. I'm sure you feel a close connection to the car being that it was your dad's.
Where in north Florida are you located?

Reactions: 1 user

Monteman87

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jul 17, 2022
Welcome aboard! Thank you for sharing some history about your Monte and how you acquired it. It looks like it ultimately went to a good home. I'm sure you feel a close connection to the car being that it was your dad's.
Where in north Florida are you located?
Thanks! Yes there definately is. I dont plan to part with it ever. Its a looker for sure. Dont see alot of them these days in this condition. Im in Jacksonville Area

Project Paladin

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Nov 15, 2022
Thanks! Yes there definately is. I dont plan to part with it ever. Its a looker for sure. Dont see alot of them these days in this condition. Im in Jacksonville Area
Welcome btw.. Sorry about your dad... sounds like he gifted you a valued family heirloom. Thanks for sharing with us.

I grew up near Jax... in Palatka today visiting family but attending the Turkey Rod Run in Daytona this weekend.

If you ever need inspiration it is a fun day trip from Jacksonville to Daytona to see lots of cool cars and enthusiasts... this site is also a good resource.

Monteman87

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jul 17, 2022
Welcome btw.. Sorry about your dad... sounds like he gifted you a valued family heirloom. Thanks for sharing with us.

I grew up near Jax... in Palatka today visiting family but attending the Turkey Rod Run in Daytona this weekend.

If you ever need inspiration it is a fun day trip from Jacksonville to Daytona to see lots of cool cars and enthusiasts... this site is also a good resource.
I actually plan on going down there tomorrow with a couple friends. My parents grew up in Arlington and actually went to Terry Parker High School. They split while my mom was pregnant with me. My dad never remarried, hence the car was his lady.I agree this site is full of alot of valuable information. 👍

Monteman87

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jul 17, 2022
I actually plan on going down there tomorrow with a couple friends. My parents grew up in Arlington and actually went to Terry Parker High School. They split while my mom was pregnant with me. My dad never remarried, hence the car was his lady.I agree this site is full of alot of valuable information. 👍
I often find myself saying, "If this car could talk"...

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
G-Body of the Month
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
I often find myself saying, "If this car could talk"...
I believe cars have a soul of their own. They certainly have their own distinctive personalities. I agree with you about, if cars can talk, the stories they'd be able to share.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor