New fuel tank fitment in LS swapped 87 Regal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tumblr

n00b
Apr 14, 2014
Searched around for this but dnt see anything,

Finishing the fuel system upgrade for my 87 T-Type and I'm not able to get the tank to fit properly with the rubber straps (pulled off a 86 GN).. tank sits flush to the trunk without them, but just adding the new straps prevents the metal straps from reaching the bolt holes?? Iv tried spraying the straps down and sliding them in.. doesn't work.

I have removed them for now to continue in the project but I'm going crazy not being able to put those in. Are the metals straps different in non-FI regals than FI? Suggestions?

Attachments

• IMAG1640.jpg
    IMAG1640.jpg
    816.1 KB · Views: 554

jacobdavis1979

G-Body Guru
Feb 18, 2011
I think i had a problem with those straps awhile back. I wish i could remember what i did to make them work but i dont

Tumblr

n00b
Apr 14, 2014
mhsmonte said:
I couldn't get them to work on mine either!

Are you running an in tank setup? If so how does it sound? I'm worried about excess noise and vibration having metal on metal

81cuttonroids

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Aug 22, 2014
I swap a fi Buick tank into my olds using metal straps with no problem. I put some foam tape on the top of the tank and bored the straps on no problem. Rubber may be too thick? No noise issues for me. Walbro 340.

mhsmonte

Greasemonkey
Dec 4, 2008
Kentucky
Tumblr said:
mhsmonte said:
I couldn't get them to work on mine either!

Are you running an in tank setup? If so how does it sound? I'm worried about excess noise and vibration having metal on metal

I have an in tank setup and I can only hear it when it primes... I have dual exhaust so it all I can hear!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor