motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
Reactions: 1 user

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
You will regret dumbing down the rear gearing. If I could do it over I'd have put 4.56s in the back of my wagon with the OD trans. That's the long term goal anyway.

Put a 275/60R15 on the back.

5664s up front and 5413s out back for a sporty ride.

Agreed on the gearing.

Play with this tool: http://www.grimmjeeper.com/gears.html

There's others out there but I like this one because of the vast number of trans it auto populates the ratios for.

Often times people *think* they should want a gear based on what talking heads say, but, in reality when they account for tire sizes and the power band for their specific build they would've been better off with something different to move the usable zone of their power band...

• Informative
Reactions: 2 users

D123gt

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jun 22, 2021
Welcome and nice wagon. Just my opinion but Ireally like the stance you have now. You do you!!!
Thanks. Only issue is that the bumper scrapes and the ride is to fluffy for me and I want a wider tire in the rear.

D123gt

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jun 22, 2021
Agreed on the gearing.

Play with this tool: http://www.grimmjeeper.com/gears.html

There's others out there but I like this one because of the vast number of trans it auto populates the ratios for.

Often times people *think* they should want a gear based on what talking heads say, but, in reality when they account for tire sizes and the power band for their specific build they would've been better off with something different to move the usable zone of their power band...
Have you run that tire before are there any things one needs to change to run it.

PBGBodyFan

G-Body Guru
Mar 3, 2009
Wisconsin
Would say the stock wagon coils should give plenty of “lift”

D123gt

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jun 22, 2021
Will the springs that were suggested change the ride height and if so which way.

melloelky

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 22, 2017
mass
Thanks. Only issue is that the bumper scrapes and the ride is to fluffy for me and I want a wider tire in the rear.
without knowing how old(or what)your current springs are,a new set of springs and shocks will do wonders.spend as much as you're comfortable with on the shocks,they're the brains of the whole operation.even cheap replacement shocks will change your current situation but depending on what your goal is will decide on shock selection.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor