EL CAMINO New group member

Status
Not open for further replies.

Art Carabio

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Dec 19, 2019
Hello,
Thanks for the add. I'm also a member of some other groups like 3rd Gen, B Body (Caprice, Impala SS) and a few others. My '80 El Camino has been customized with a Crystallite Engineering IROC body kit (minus the Camaro nose), an '88 Camaro IROC interior including the dash, console, door panels, seats, and steering column. An '88 Camaro 350 TPI engine with a 700R4 and posi has also been added. I'm currently retro-fitting the original gas tank which the sender unit was modified with a return line. The fuel filter and fuel pump are on the frame rail. My plans are to replace the gas tank with a '96 B Body Roadmaster EFI gas tank. I heard it will fit but am noticing the filler pipe needs to be modded. I'll be asking some questions in this group regarding the best way to either use my old filler neck or modify the Roadmaster filler. Anyway, more to follow. Thanks again

Attachments

• P8091964.JPG
    P8091964.JPG
    440.9 KB · Views: 162
  • P8091963.JPG
    P8091963.JPG
    441.7 KB · Views: 175
  • P8091966.JPG
    P8091966.JPG
    445.1 KB · Views: 183
  • P8091967.JPG
    P8091967.JPG
    417.9 KB · Views: 180
Reactions: 4 users

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
Welcome & thanks for reminding of the late '80's/early '90s with your Elky. Have you ever thought of just going with a tank & pump for a 4.3 instead since it'll be a direct fit?

Reactions: 2 users

Art Carabio

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Dec 19, 2019
Welcome & thanks for reminding of the late '80's/early '90s with your Elky. Have you ever thought of just going with a tank & pump for a 4.3 instead since it'll be a direct fit?
Yes, I've seen that and I'm confident that would be a direct fit with a high pressure pump. My car has always been on a budget and thankfully I'm able to do all the work myself. The gas tank is no different. I picked up the wagon tank with the sender unit for $200 near me so I figured I might have to do some mod to it. I just posted a new thread in the El Camino section. Thanks for the welcome and prompt reply and suggestion.

Reactions: 1 users

Art Carabio

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Dec 19, 2019
Yes, this car was definitely an early 90s build. It's just stuck with me since then. I crunched the IROC nose and went with the stock later El Camino quad light header/grille. I have thought of pulling off the body kit and go back to stock but then I'd need to fill all the holes in the sheetmetal, replace the tailgate, rear bumper, etc. I figured I'd just repaint it like it is. The clearcoat is starting to breakdown due to the inferior nature of the paint brand I bought (Wanda) from the paint supply store. They said they'd make me a deal when I'm ready to repaint. Wondering what color to paint it with the tan interior.

500/600

Royal Smart Person
Nov 17, 2018
West Virginia
Yes, this car was definitely an early 90s build. It's just stuck with me since then. I crunched the IROC nose and went with the stock later El Camino quad light header/grille. I have thought of pulling off the body kit and go back to stock but then I'd need to fill all the holes in the sheetmetal, replace the tailgate, rear bumper, etc. I figured I'd just repaint it like it is. The clearcoat is starting to breakdown due to the inferior nature of the paint brand I bought (Wanda) from the paint supply store. They said they'd make me a deal when I'm ready to repaint. Wondering what color to paint it with the tan interior.

Nah man! Leave it alone. It looks real good.

Reactions: 1 user

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
G-Body of the Month
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Welcome aboard, Art.

That's a sweet lookin' El Camino.
Crystalite Engineering had some cool goodies back in the day. :cool:(y)

• Agree
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor