New Guy from New Hampshire

Bobrob

Not-quite-so-new-guy
May 21, 2023
NH
Thanks for the add..

Until I spotted this gem on craigslist a week or so ago, I was a die hard GM A body guy, and like most, it was the 68-72 stuff that I favored.

Other than some time as a kid pumping gas and doing tires/oil/and tune up work on a few of these at a Sunoco station in the early-mid 80's, I really never got into the G-body, though I always thought they were good looking cars.

So here I am, newly retired and looking for a project:

FB_IMG_1684781134437~2.jpg

1986 Cutlass Supreme Brougham
79,000 miles
5.0 with a quadrabog
Lots of bells and whistles, many of which don't make a sound, but I'm working on that. Landau roof is shot as you can see from the pic, it has an exhaust leak at the passenger donut, A/C doesn't work but its all there (and even labeled as converted), power windows and locks dont work and the window felts are shot. All of the stuff for the windows/locks/doors is on the way.

Yeah, the paint is pretty well shot too. I gave it a god washing Sunday and got the grime off, but can't get more that a dull shine.

Anyway, thanks for the add!

Reactions: 5 users

rfpowerdude

G-Body Guru
Jul 15, 2013
Palm Bay, Fla
Interior pics! And welcome!

I miss New Hampshire...

Reactions: 1 users

Bobrob

Not-quite-so-new-guy
May 21, 2023
NH

I miss New Hampshire...
Thanks!

I'll get some interior shots tomorrow. I have the door panels off and the glass dropped in anticipation of replacing the seals in the next day or so, then buttoning them up.

mclellan83

Comic Book Super Hero
Jun 27, 2017
Pgh, PA
Welcome and congrats on the score

Reactions: 1 user

SS_Malibu

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Sep 27, 2021
Mesa, AZ
Welcome to the GBodyForum!
Looks as though you've picked up a nice Cutlass and you're already off and running.

Bobrob

Not-quite-so-new-guy
May 21, 2023
NH

I miss New Hampshire...

Better late than never... Here's the interior after I finished replacing the window motors and felts, and cleaned it up a bit.. The motors were pretty easy once I figured out the bolt locations and took a hole saw to the sheet metal to access them. Had to drop the glass into the bottom of the door (seemed easier than removing it altogether) to access the screws that atteched the outer felt to the door.

I still have the dash apart waiting for a new headlight switch. The old one was very sloppy and after I took it out, figured that's probably why my tail lights don't work. Brake/hazard and turn signals all work. If that doesn't fix it, at least I'll have a pretty, shiney new switch in the dash.

50373.jpeg
50374.jpeg
50375.jpeg
PXL_20230524_205353590.jpg

Reactions: 4 users

rfpowerdude

G-Body Guru
Jul 15, 2013
Palm Bay, Fla
Very cool find all the way up there. How are the rear frame rails behind the rear tires?

Also, what part of NH are you in?

• Agree

Bobrob

Not-quite-so-new-guy
May 21, 2023
NH
Very cool find all the way up there. How are the rear frame rails behind the rear tires?

Also, what part of NH are you in?
That was one of the first things I checked when I first saw the car... an old buddy of mine had an 82 Regal that was rusting out in that area in 1987. Mine appeared fine. I'll get a better look when I replace the rear springs/shocks and E brake cables.:censored:

I'm from a small town about 8 miles south of the big lake.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor