New Guy from New Hampshire

rfpowerdude

G-Body Guru
Jul 15, 2013
Palm Bay, Fla
I had a house just north of Concord in a small dot called Penacook. I had friends from Florida that had a house in Ossipee so I drove all over the the Lake Winnipesaukee area. Also played in a rock band in 2003-2004 that played all over NH and the greater Boston area. Good times.

Looking forward to seeing the progress on your G!

Reactions: 1 users

Bobrob

Not-quite-so-new-guy
May 21, 2023
NH
FWIW, the new headlight switch cured the lack of tail lights I was experiencing.

After a bit of a shakedown drive yesterday, I discovered the speedometer isn't working....hmmm... sounds like a prime opening for a Dakota Dash.

Reactions: 1 user

mclellan83

Comic Book Super Hero
Jun 27, 2017
Pgh, PA
FWIW, the new headlight switch cured the lack of tail lights I was experiencing.

After a bit of a shakedown drive yesterday, I discovered the speedometer isn't working....hmmm... sounds like a prime opening for a Dakota Dash.
If I had it to do now, I would get the Auto Meter setup. I like the look and customization of it a lot better
20230418_201417.jpg

SS_Malibu

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Sep 27, 2021
Mesa, AZ
Agreed. Autometer has a nice look.

Attachments

• IMG_0828.jpeg
    IMG_0828.jpeg
    3.3 MB · Views: 54
Reactions: 1 users

Bobrob

Not-quite-so-new-guy
May 21, 2023
NH
I ended up taking the car to a local guy who does custom exhaust to get the exhaust leaks fixed. I'm pushing 60 and really didn't feel like laying under the car for however long with a torch, PB Blaster and whatever else I would need. The guy ended up replacing the donuts and spring bolts for $175. Money well spent in my view.

All that aside, the guy was a bit of an *******. He felt the need to detail every little problem with the car and even went as far as to tell me there is a MASSIVE OIL LEAK!!!!!! that will cause the car to burst into flames at any minute. (there are no leaks whatsoever...coolant, PS, ATF, engine oil...nothing)

Anyway, I stripped the vinyl roof and found no rust of concern and will end up doing the delete. I just see too many downsides replacing it. Besides, the wife says she likes it better without.

Ugly1

Royal Smart Person
Oct 26, 2021
Lost in the woods of NH
I ended up taking the car to a local guy who does custom exhaust to get the exhaust leaks fixed. I'm pushing 60 and really didn't feel like laying under the car for however long with a torch, PB Blaster and whatever else I would need. The guy ended up replacing the donuts and spring bolts for $175. Money well spent in my view.

All that aside, the guy was a bit of an *******. He felt the need to detail every little problem with the car and even went as far as to tell me there is a MASSIVE OIL LEAK!!!!!! that will cause the car to burst into flames at any minute. (there are no leaks whatsoever...coolant, PS, ATF, engine oil...nothing)

Anyway, I stripped the vinyl roof and found no rust of concern and will end up doing the delete. I just see too many downsides replacing it. Besides, the wife says she likes it better without.
Love those guys that think you know nothing. Welcome from southern NH. Nice looking beasty. I’m about an hour southwest west of you.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor