1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New guy from VA

Discussion in 'New Users' started by KrisSSmonte, Jan 11, 2017.

1. KrisSSmonte

Hello all.. New to me 1984 Monte Carlo SS. It has a targetmaster 350 in it with a th350 trans. Just put a holley 600 carb and dual plane intake on it. Limited slip rear with 4:11 gears. This forum has been great for info. I want to put some aluminium heads and a better cam in it. Ideally I want a 400HP weekend cruiser. Any feedback welcome. This is a budget build but I don't wanna be cheap when it comes to speed parts.

Thanks..

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  2. Jeff L

Jeff L Greasemonkey

Welcome and you will find plenty of help here in solving car problems.

3. Texas82GP

Texas82GP Comic Book Super Hero
    Silver

Welcome to the site from Houston. Sounds like a cool project. More pictures would be welcomed by all. Your 400 HP goal won't be hard to accomplish. I have a new crate 350 from Pace Performance that is the Goodwrench shortblock, iron Vortec heads and a mild Lunatti cam (218/218 .458/.458 on a 112). It is rated at 350 HP/400 Ft. Lbs. I like GM stuff. If I were in your shoes I would look at the Fastburn heads (Aluminum Vortecs) and maybe a cam like the LT4 Hotcam. You'd need the LS6 beehive valve springs, the Comp retainers (both to increase retainer to guide clearance), and a set of self-aligning rockers. Also a set of centerbolt valve covers. Others will chime in with other recipies. Good luck with it. I'm looking forward to following your progress.

4. MrSony

MrSony Royal Smart Person

4.11s? Jesus.

5. KrisSSmonte

Thanks for the welcome fellas. If I went with Vortec heads I would have to change my intake right? Lol... I don't drive on the highway much with those gears. U get used to it.. I installed a pertronix flamethrower distributor as well. Have any of you guys used that ignition system?

6. Texas82GP

Silver

You would have to change the intake. Big duh on my part. There are great aftermarket aluminum heads out there that will work with your intake.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Bowstryder

Bowstryder n00b

What's up Kris!? I'm a new guy ( here, been mcss for a looooong time). Where in va are ya from? 400hp is quite easy from a sbc.

8. KrisSSmonte

I'm from Northern VA. Right outside DC. I figure with some heads and a cam swap I should be good to go. I'm looking for the right recipe to achieve 400HP. I already put headers.. Holley 600 carb.. Dual plane intake and the GM good wrench 190 crate motor still feels slow. It's been tuned and runs well but clearly the heads and cam are holding me back.

9. Texas82GP

Silver

Will your headers work with angle plug heads? That needs to be a consideration on your head selection.

10. 406 Monte

406 Monte Greasemonkey

Welcome, sweet car you got!