New guy in NC

Status
Not open for further replies.

crown14

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Feb 10, 2008
Clayton, NC
Been looking for a forum like this for a couple months... ever since I got my '79 Cutlass. Nice to finally have found it. Now if I can only find some grilles for my car!!!!

100_3830.jpg

Nightmare388

Master Mechanic
Sep 30, 2007
North West IL
Welcome!! Would love to see some pictures of the car. I'm sure one of these guys on here can help you with that grill.

crown14

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Feb 10, 2008
Clayton, NC
It was originally a 305 car, but had a few different smallblocks in it prior to getting a .040 over 402 BBC.
1979Cutlass2.jpg

Only 80k original miles on the car, years ago they guy I got it from did a nice job on the paint and body (5 coats white, 5 coats clear he told me) but after he began swapping in the BBC the car ended up sitting for a couple years and rust began popping up here and there, so I have some little areas to address. Also the fender and door need a little white primer to blend in with the rest of the car.
100_3835.jpg

More details:
408 Chevy, 10:1 pistons, Comp Cams Magnum .595 cam, Erson roller rockers, Hooker Super Comp headers, 3in exhaust, full MSD ignition, Edelbrock carb, manual steering conversion, AC/heat removed, TH350 with shift kit and small stall (has to go), 7.5 rear with 3.73 gears and auburn posi (has to go soon), BFG drag radials, etc. There are speakers in the car, and a radio but no wiring (you couldnt hear it anyhow) and I really need to clean up the nice white seats. And replace the RED carpet. :D

100_3814.jpg
[/img]

Nightmare388

Master Mechanic
Sep 30, 2007
North West IL
Now that is what I'm talking about! Very nice car. Love the big block Chevy! Again Welcome!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor