New guy in NY - Slick and Wheel sizes??

Status
Not open for further replies.

hurstolds6

Apprentice
Mar 24, 2011
Hey guys. I am pretty new on this forum and was hoping you could help me out. Has anyone had any experience with the SSIII wheels that aftermarket companies like Coker and GBodyparts.com are selling? I am trying to put slicks on the rear of my 84 H/O rebuild and want the widest and tallest tire possible. I see versions of the SSIII in 15 x 8 and 15 x 10 being sold. Also, I should mention that the rear is not the factory 8.5inch. There is a Moser 12 Bolt that measures 57 inches from axle flange to axle flange. Any help on if the 15 x 8 or 15 x 10 would fit on this setup? What size slick would you run? Thanks in advance guys!

GhettoRacingKid

G-Body Guru
Jul 15, 2010
What kind of gears are you running, Engine and power, transmission and how do you plan on using the car?

I got a 79 monte with 28x10.5 slicks on 10 inch weld pro stars. had to use a little bit of a spacer just as a precaution.

i believe the 8.5 is 58 inches so you are lising .5 inches each side so your back spacing will be different. time to get out the ruler and start measuring.

do you want the tire tucked up in the wheel well? do you plan on rolling the quarter?

GhettoRacingKid

G-Body Guru
Jul 15, 2010
next time ill look at the sig... lol

still how do you want the tire? tucked up or sticking out?

thats basiclly where you need to start from.

i like the looks of mine. but thats me.

Attachments

• IMG00047-20110219-1546.jpg
    IMG00047-20110219-1546.jpg
    516.4 KB · Views: 466

hurstolds6

Apprentice
Mar 24, 2011
I do not want the tire to stick out beyond the lip. The Moser rear is 57inches from flange to flange. I am going to use a spacer for the other set of wheels and tires that will be on the car 90% of the time. Since the rear suspension is using mostly GM components I am thinking the 15 x 10 will not work without mods. I am finding that the 15 x 8 with about 1/2 inch spacer would work best with maybe a 3 3/4 BS running a 275/60/15??

hurstolds6

Apprentice
Mar 24, 2011
meant to write 1/4 inch spacer, not 1/2...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor