New guy in the house

Status
Not open for further replies.

Malibu Dave

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Mar 4, 2006
Jamestown, NY
New guy in the house!

Hi my name is Dave and I am a FORMER Gbody owner. When I was in High School I owned an almost cherry 80 Malibu Classic. It was a 2 door, with the 305, auto transmission (column shift :x ) bench seat, am/fm 8 track (in a 80 :shock: ), and AC (which didnt work :? ). The former owner of the car replaced the stock intake manifold with a elderbrock, and the 2bl carb with a holley 4bl. It was light grey, with a vinyl top, with grey interior. When I graduated HS, I gave it a minor restoration. I removed the viynl top and the hideous matching side vinyl trim. I then removed almost all of the chrome, only the trim arround the bezels, edge of trunk, and wheelwells remained. I finished it off with a color change, goodbye elephant hide grey, hello 78 corvette anniversary light metalic silver. I finished it off by replacing the stock steel wheels and wire wheel covers, with a set of nice rallye rims off a 79/80 monte carlo ss, with new chrome trim rings. I only had the car out of the body shop less than a month when disaster struck. I was in Florida about 1100 miles away from where I lived. I was not used to the speed limit there (avg MPH was 45-50, instead of the 30-35 i was used too). I turned at an intersection, and a guy ran a red light and tboned me at (according to the police report) 65MPH :shock: . He hit me in the left front fender spining me 90 degrees and slamming against the side of his truck, and then bouncing off of him and ending up in a ditch off the side. The guy hit the brakes, and soon as he saw me open the door to get out, he PEELED RUBBBER and took off! Well, my car was taken to the salvage yard, i was a mess (broken glass was in my hair, from 3 of the 5 windows that were blown out on impact) I had to call my parents to wire me money to fly back, after I went to the salvage yard to remove my plates, and my valubles including my only 2 week old stereo system. Here is a pic taken the day before my accident. I MISS this car, and would like another like it, or a diff G body (monte carlo, cutlass supreme, etc)

mycarpicredone.jpg

As soon as I can get a new car, ill be on here a lot more often. So I hope to enjoy my time here.

grandbonnevillecreature

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 5, 2006
Louisville, Kentucky
Your Gbody may be gone, but it is forever immortalized in your heart and this website. A moment of silence.....................................
I'm pretty new here, but I can tell you this, there is a "classified" section on here and there is usually a good Gbody or two for sale at any given time. Just keep your peepers open! And recently I've found a few nice ones on Ebay, particularly Grand Prixs. I hope to see you around, and WELCOME!

SBCregal

Master Mechanic
Jan 22, 2006
welcome to the board. i've only been around a short time as well, but it seems to be a pretty knowledgeable group of people around here. I try and help where I can, but this is my first g-body so I may not know quite all of the specifics. I should be able to help out with some general stuff though

Ryan

Malibu Dave

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Mar 4, 2006
Jamestown, NY
Yeah, the 'greyghost' the name i gave my ol 'bu was a neat old car. I still had plans for the old girl that never happend. I wanted to replace the old bench seat with buckets, and have them and the rear seat redone, replace the old horizontal rectangular speedo with a gauge cluster out of a monte carlo. I was planning on insalling a 87 SS center console with shifter when i got back from florida. If i had a choice, id probably get a 85-87 SS preferably a TTop, but i can live with a hard top as long as its an SS 8)

383Camino

Master Mechanic
Mar 1, 2006
South Dakota
Wow. Tragic story. Looked like a nice clean car too. Welcome to the forum (I'm new too).

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor