New Guy LS swap

Status
Not open for further replies.

Turbolq4

Royal Smart Person
Sep 25, 2017
Nampa Idaho
Ok, that was a little much, I’m off in rantville now. Sorry, I’ll stop now.
Relax brohan.

There are some strong personalities here for sure but without a doubt the knowledge base is second to none.
Those same guys that are perhaps slightly abrasive will throw out obscenely detailed how-to's and help solve serious head scratchers when the need arises.

Mom used to have a saying...."The best and brightest are always a challenge."

Apparently she knew about this group of goons 20 years ago.

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users

BoogieDown 78 cutlass

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 13, 2019
No sweat bro. I played rugby for years, then did mma for 7 years and not once did I meet a “tough guy”. Just a bunch of nice, humble guys that would help you out. Some car guys on the other hand...
Trying not to generalize here, but it’s like that street outlaws show, bunch of out of shape guys with obvious penis size issues, usually wearing black t-shirts, haven’t had a fight since the middle school playground, just acting like dicks. Same at our local drag strip, kind of comical, but sad too. Can’t even just be happy to share what they know with other fellow enthusiasts. Like the same guys on the forums that are obviously sitting there on the forum, but would rather act like b*tches and tell you to scour through years of threads for some advice. Why bother getting on the thread for that, just don’t say anything.

What’s your plan, naturally aspirated or forced?
Well put lol but for now I'm gonna go all motor work the bugs out get my money right and the plan is to go forced. This whole process is expensive but they say you gotta pay to play so that's the plan. Seems overwhelming with the research I've been doing the wiring and whatnot but I keep thinking of the out come and pushing forward. I'm thinking of selling my Harley to fund this project which I don't want to do but

Reactions: 1 user

Turbolq4

Royal Smart Person
Sep 25, 2017
Nampa Idaho
There are things to do that make power adders easier in the future. Large fuel pump(s) and injectors, could place an intercooler and have a filter on the end of it, big fuel lines, HD trans, rear end mods, chassis/brakes, etc.

el camino ss 84

Master Mechanic
Oct 23, 2016
Nw okc
The easy way to not be overwhelmed is swap a big block chevy into it, run a efi setup, get a built trans and swap a better rear end bam easier than a ls swap and can do it in a weekend. If not fast enough then plan another weekend to add a plate nitrous system or a vortech supercharger to your big block and then start racing ls powered vehicle beating them afterwards. It's called the two weekend setup. P.s will last longer than two weekends unless you wreck due to so much horsepower and torque.

Last edited:
  • Optimistic
  • Haha
Reactions: 2 users

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
The easy way to not be overwhelmed is swap a big block chevy into it, run a efi setup, get a built trans and swap a better rear end bam easier than a ls swap and can do it in a weekend. If not fast enough then plan another weekend to add a plate nitrous system or a vortech supercharger to your big block and then start racing ls powered vehicle beating them afterwards. It's called the two weekend setup. P.s will last longer than two weekends unless you wreck due to so much horsepower and torque.

Because nitrous/boost capable big blocks are just laying around unwanted? This isn't 1976. Oh wait - they were never boost-ready.

I get your point - but it all costs regardless of the platform.

• Agree

Northernregal

Sloppy McRodbender
Oct 24, 2017
Red Deer, Northern Montana territory
Because nitrous/boost capable big blocks are just laying around unwanted? This isn't 1976. Oh wait - they were never boost-ready.

I get your point - but it all costs regardless of the platform.

Well, there are some....

60886153_716905435392142_7103378911148376064_n.jpg

• Haha

mclellan83

Comic Book Super Hero
Jun 27, 2017
Pgh, PA
Glad to see we are starting to play nice, had the same thing happen to myself over at the GTO board early on. Turned out to be a great guy as well that just couldn't help but bust chops

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
Reactions: 1 users

Northernregal

Sloppy McRodbender
Oct 24, 2017
Red Deer, Northern Montana territory
The Gen V stuff can definitely work. Especially now with the universal Terminator X.
I've really been contemplating a Gen V or VI. Twin 7875s would be a MONSTER. The late 90s 4500/5500 topkicks had forged rotating assemblies stock, CNP, MPFI. Just a good set of heads away from junkyard glory.

I get the shivers thinking about it. 😃

Reactions: 4 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor