New guy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ckjr

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Aug 14, 2018
Hey everyone. New to this forum.
Been building gbody and other GM rides since around '94. Havent owned a gbody since 2014 and I got the bug back so here I am. Currently building an 86 Cutlass to satisfy the craving. Here it is so far after a few weeks of work.
View media item 2777
View media item 2776

Ckjr

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Aug 14, 2018
Does it work now?
Resized_20180813_172430_2401.jpg
Resized_20180813_172445_5784.jpg

85442/86buick

G-Body Guru
Feb 12, 2013
Perth Country , Ontario
Welcome , and yes the pictures work

so what's under the hood ?

BTW good looking car , I do not see that style of sunroof often.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

Ckjr

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Aug 14, 2018
It's the v8 slug. Factory 307. Rebuilt with about 10 miles on it so far.
It was an abandoned father/son project that basically sat after the engine/transmission rebuild. The body was a little shot, but the upholstery was in tact and clean. Couldn't refuse the price so I took it over.
Next on the list of things will be getting the HVAC working properly, suspension bushings and bagging it. The car is on the east coast and I just flew back home to LV so I wont be starting that until the beginning of next month. Looking to be finished completely by the end of September. I forgot how fun and how easy these cars were to build. I'm already looking at a monte LS that's up for sale.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor