New, Hello - 84 El Camino

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cuse99

Master Mechanic
Dec 21, 2020
Just wanted to post a short intro and say hi. I've been puroosing this site for a few weeks but its time to join and get started. I'm 50 this year, live in NJ, and bought an 84 El Camino. Garage kept and overall good condition. Body has some dents and light rust, no rust on frame. Needs new trans and carb, shocks, tires, brakes, springs and had to have the gas tank cleaned. I don't plan to hot rod this car, just drive it daily. I'll throw a 350 in it in the next year or so but not in a rush. I have some other things to address first. This is not my first G-Body. I've owned a 79 and 80 Malibu about 20 years back. Got married, had kids, sold the cars. I hope to have the car back this week before Christmas, its in the shop getting all that work done, its too dangerous to drive right now.

Looking forward to getting to know this forum.

Steven

Reactions: 1 users

Doug Chahoy

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 21, 2016
Welcome, another Elco owner, good to have you aboard. Alot of great information to be had.

Doug213xrj

Royal Smart Person
Dec 30, 2011
West Michigan
Hey Steven, Welcome from West Michigan.

Doug

Cuse99

Master Mechanic
Dec 21, 2020
Welcome!!

Where in NJ are you? I'm in East Brunswick.
I'm in Bridgewater. Just got my car back. New tires, alignment, breaks, carb, trans, shocks and springs.
Now its time to get to work. I vacuumed it and started cleaning the interior yesterday. I'll start driving it today.

What's your G-Body?

Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor