new here 1986 monte carlo project

Status
Not open for further replies.

markaria

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Dec 6, 2021
hello, new here from Temperance MI, been reading posts here for quite a few years and finally registered...always had a soft spot for these cars and about 5 years ago i bought a project car...my 1986 Monte carlo. The car was a bit of a hack job from previous owners. Originally was a 4.3 v6/automatic/bench seat car and previous owner installed a low hp 1970s truck 350/ WC t5 from late 80s camaro amongst other things. I recently (finally!) started working on the car and my goal is a decent boost in power as the 350 in it was imo kind of lacking, so I picked up a 97 L31 vortec 350 that I dissassembled and put remanned 062 heads on and instaled beehive springs/retainers/lt4 hot cam/new oil pan/gaskets/paint e etc. Im now in the middle of swapping/ cleaning/ fixing floor pans/painting lol...lets just say a full out project haha so figured this may be a great forum to join as well as a great resource as/when things come up. Not my first rodeo by a long shot as I own my own shop though i do mostly motorcycle work for customers and much of my automotive experience started with import/turbo builds etc 25 years ago. Hopefully my pics will work... a few from when I bought the car and a few from the vortec 350 build...and one from pulling out the old 350.

Attachments

• monte 8.jpg
    monte 8.jpg
    116.3 KB · Views: 114
  • monte 5.jpg
    monte 5.jpg
    612.1 KB · Views: 93
  • monte 6.jpg
    monte 6.jpg
    551 KB · Views: 101
  • monte 2.jpg
    monte 2.jpg
    593.9 KB · Views: 100
  • monte 1.jpg
    monte 1.jpg
    735.1 KB · Views: 97
  • monte 3.jpg
    monte 3.jpg
    589.4 KB · Views: 94
  • monte 4.jpg
    monte 4.jpg
    690.5 KB · Views: 98
Last edited:
Reactions: 9 users

mclellan83

Comic Book Super Hero
Jun 27, 2017
Pgh, PA
Welcome, looking foward to seeing this come together

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users

JAMCAR223

Royal Smart Person
Jun 6, 2014
Houston, TX.
Welcome from Houston. We love pics!

Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor