New here, Searching for my G-Body!

Status
Not open for further replies.

way_out_there

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Feb 11, 2018
Hello All,

I have been lurking for a while, finally decided to sign up. I have been planning a project in my mind for a bit, and am now looking to start gathering pieces to make it happen. I am on the prowl for a 1983 to 1987 Oldsmobile Cutlass, to create my version of the 442 that should have been built. Not looking to build a 'clone', but will borrow things used on various years of 442's to create my own version.

More to come from me on other theads I'm sure! Wish me luck! I'll share my progress in the appropriate thread once I get rolling.

Reactions: 2 users
Welcome to the best forum on the internet! Good luck on the search.
Where you from?

Reactions: 1 user

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
Around here the Cutlass is very common for some reason with Regal's and GP's almost non existed and I see a lot of clean ones for sale on CL.
The main problem is another thing that is also common is that 90+ percent of them have a stupid vinyl top on them.

vanrah

G-Body Guru
Apr 16, 2013
Near Afton, Wisconsin
Weolcome Wayout there; I'm also from Wisconsin (Beloit- Janesville area) & if you're including all G cars or just Cutlasses? YOU are WRONG not all cars from Wisconsin are rust buckets! And I don't like my car included with rust buckets!
Thanks!
I'm located in south central Wisconsin. My search will spread wide, as there are nothing but rust buckets up here!
For instance mine has No rust & has never had rust! Ok most people are too lazy to wash the bottom of the cars after they get salt on them & or wouldN'T pony up for rust proofing when the car was new. But to say all Northern cars have rust is INcorrect! It's just many people that buy new cars don't give a sh_t, & treat their cars like junk. And just get a new one a few years later or are content driving a scratched up dirty dented junk around. I know I'm anal, a 1%er & have the affliction. I just have a hard time understanding why people spend $20,000 $30,000 or $40,000 on an item (automobile) and treat it like junk?? I guess they're rich & it don't matter!
Anyway Welcome aboard, you inadvertently hit a Soft Spot in my brain! You should see my daily driver, even in this weather. And my old DD that's for sale, it's near perfect? Back to G cars, if your not hung up on a cutlass check out my Bronze Brick as I have it for sale, no body work required unless ya want to change the color. Give me a call 608 752-5925 we can have beer with roots or without, talk cars, reduce cabin fever & ya already know where the soft spot is in my brain. Just don't call my car a rust bucket. Take care & good luck, Ole Bob.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

GuysMonteSS

Royal Smart Person
May 21, 2011
Kentville,Nova Scotia,Canada

Heres a real nice looking Hurst Olds Cutlass which I believe is owned by one of our members here,88hurstolds.
IMO,this is one of the prettier looking Cutlass's that I have seen.
It may give you some ideas on the direction that you may want to take when you build your own.
Guy

Reactions: 1 users

ssn696

Living in the Past
Supporting Member
Jul 19, 2009
Permanent Temporary

way_out_there

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Feb 11, 2018
Weolcome Wayout there; I'm also from Wisconsin (Beloit- Janesville area) & if you're including all G cars or just Cutlasses? YOU are WRONG not all cars from Wisconsin are rust buckets! And I don't like my car included with rust buckets!

For instance mine has No rust & has never had rust! Ok most people are too lazy to wash the bottom of the cars after they get salt on them & or wouldN'T pony up for rust proofing when the car was new. But to say all Northern cars have rust is INcorrect! It's just many people that buy new cars don't give a sh_t, & treat their cars like junk. And just get a new one a few years later or are content driving a scratched up dirty dented junk around. I know I'm anal, a 1%er & have the affliction. I just have a hard time understanding why people spend $20,000 $30,000 or $40,000 on an item (automobile) and treat it like junk?? I guess they're rich & it don't matter!
Anyway Welcome aboard, you inadvertently hit a Soft Spot in my brain! You should see my daily driver, even in this weather. And my old DD that's for sale, it's near perfect? Back to G cars, if your not hung up on a cutlass check out my Bronze Brick as I have it for sale, no body work required unless ya want to change the color. Give me a call 608 752-5925 we can have beer with roots or without, talk cars, reduce cabin fever & ya already know where the soft spot is in my brain. Just don't call my car a rust bucket. Take care & good luck, Ole Bob.

Bob,

No offense intended. I will amend my statement: Every 'project' car I look for in my self imposed price range that originates from the midwest is a rust bucket. I am not intersted in doing floors, trunks, package shelves, etc. It drives the price of the project out of the stratosphere. So, my search takes me south usually. But I will not rule out me finding a clean one in the north, it just usually means it was a summer car. Usually ;)

Right now, I am really hung up on an Olds Cutlass, but we will see what time brings. Theres always a chance I could stumble on something else that really appeals to me.

• Friendly
Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor