New here

Status
Not open for further replies.

rustydustydoc

Apprentice
Nov 28, 2019
Hello all, I'm new to the forum but have owned several gbodys in the past... Most of you will hate me because I'm a dirt racer and many gbodys get sacrificed into a dirt car. But in my defense, I've only turned one into a dirt car if its to far gone. Winter of 2015 i bought a 79 Malibu wagon, got this car with no title and left out in weather with windows down. I built this car from scratch and I've never built a car in my life. I love all gbodys but the Malibu wagons and regular Malibu's are my favorite. I still own the wagon and have raced it every year since, but I've decided to take a break from racing and get a street car i can drive daily, since i pretty much have every spare part for a gbody there is lol. I bought a 76 camaro thinking that would be cool but hated it as soon as i got it home. Hit up a friend of mine who owns a private junkyard and ask to trade it for a gbody. I walked around that place and seen several but actually found a SS monte carlo, complete. The cars actually in pretty good shape, little rust here and there. I got the SS yesterday and cant wait to work on it. I'll post pics as soon as i can get some.

Attachments

• IMG_0530.JPG
    IMG_0530.JPG
    657.8 KB · Views: 152
  • IMG_0543.JPG
    IMG_0543.JPG
    863.1 KB · Views: 161
Reactions: 1 users

1320John$$$

G-Body Guru
Sep 18, 2019
Pennsylvania
Dirt shame on you
Welcome to the real world of macadam blacktop asphalt welcomes to the forum
At least now you won’t feel guilty when you leave the car wash with your new g body lol

rustydustydoc

Apprentice
Nov 28, 2019
Dirt shame on you
Welcome to the real world of macadam blacktop asphalt welcomes to the forum
At least now you won’t feel guilty when you leave the car wash with your new g body lol

No kidding lol.

rustydustydoc

Apprentice
Nov 28, 2019
What year SS and your ultimate goal for the car

I didn't get a title with the SS so I'm not sure, I haven't got to look up the vin yet. I wanna say its a 85. My goal is to eventually make it a cruiser with the family. Id like a healthy meaty motor, all new suspension. wheels and stereo system. I don't even know if it runs or anything yet. I will be changing ignition tomorrow and trying. Someone took pride in this car once upon a time, has dual exhaust and looked like rear end cover had been re silicone, so I'm guessing it has a different set of gear than what it came with. All in all the 305 isn't going to cut it. If I don't build one soon and if this 305s junk then ill slap my 355 out of my wagon in it.

rustydustydoc

Apprentice
Nov 28, 2019
currently what she looks like

Attachments

• monte.jpg
    monte.jpg
    349.2 KB · Views: 180
Reactions: 2 users

airboatgreg

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 2, 2016
Welcome from SW Georgia. How difficult will it be to get a title? Salvage one?

Reactions: 1 user

rustydustydoc

Apprentice
Nov 28, 2019
I have a clean pa title in my name

I have a 4 clean pa title in my name for a Monte its yours if you need one

thanks man ill keep that in mind!
Welcome from SW Georgia. How difficult will it be to get a title? Salvage one?

i had a buddy who watched a youtube video on filing for a lost title, send the stuff to Vermont's DMV and they will send you a registration on the vehicle and then i can get the title in my name in my state.

rustydustydoc

Apprentice
Nov 28, 2019
I got the car inside today. Its a nasty rainy day so it was a challenge, and the inside seat was wet so I need to find out where its leaking from. Got the ignition changed, all works like it should! I cranked it over and over but I'm not getting any fire. Pulled the cap off and notice the coil ball thing is missing. Changed the cap and still no fire. I think the module or the distributor itself is toast. I'll try again soon. Sticker from its last oil change says 2004 so maybe it has sat at long.

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor