new here,,,,,,,,,,,,

Status
Not open for further replies.

olskool

Apprentice
Sep 26, 2021
hi fellers, i am new here. a little about me. i am 64 and just retired. i have been a professional transmission rebuilder for 45 years here in SC, and transmission shop owner for 35 years. i just got a sweet 86 monte carlo SS, if i can help with any transmission concerns please call on me! this is my car
monte carlo (8).JPG
monte carlo (5).JPG
monte carlo (2).JPG
monte carlo (3).JPG
monte carlo (7).JPG

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 16 users

5spdCab

Royal Smart Person
Dec 29, 2019
Tukwila, Wa.
Lovin' it. Beautiful Monte.
Welcome from Seattle, Wa. with a '78 Caballero (stick shift, hence my screen name), and a '79 El Camino (automatic).

Streetbu

Know it all, that doesn't
Supporting Member
May 22, 2011
Central NY
Clean ride, welcome!

Reactions: 1 user

airboatgreg

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 2, 2016
Nice ride. Welcome to the forum. Lots of great info here and it sounds like you will add to it. Had 3 shops in Tallahassee Fl. and moved on after I sold them. Hope to be 64 in November

Reactions: 1 users

CrammerGram69

Master Mechanic
Nov 15, 2019
SW, Michigan
greetings from the southwest, mi. Is it true the metric 200 transmissions are not rebuildable? i am looking into getting one as a spare for my 1979 Pontiac lemans with the v6. how much would you charge to have it done? P.s i am meaning the pre-lockup 200s 1980 and older.

olskool

Apprentice
Sep 26, 2021
greetings from the southwest, mi. Is it true the metric 200 transmissions are not rebuildable? i am looking into getting one as a spare for my 1979 Pontiac lemans with the v6. how much would you charge to have it done? P.s i am meaning the pre-lockup 200s 1980 and older.
i guess some that can't rebuild them say that. i have built hundreds of them. in fact they are one of my favorite transmissions. the 2004R is a great transmission. i have built them for several street hotrodders. you just have to understand them, and know there limitations. you can't hook a little 200 behind a 500hp engine and drive it like a mad man and expect it to hold up. the 2004R is stronger, and i like them better. the good thing about the 2004R is it has a "multi case" it has a bellhousing bolt pattern of all GM V8 motors. you can bolt it to any flavor V8 you like,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

• Informative
Reactions: 5 users

doood

Amateur Mechanic
Sep 24, 2020
hi fellers, i am new here. a little about me. i am 64 and just retired. i have been a professional transmission rebuilder for 45 years here in SC, and transmission shop owner for 35 years. i just got a sweet 86 monte carlo SS, if i can help with any transmission concerns please call on me! this is my car,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
Love the car. Sandy soil? You're by the beach! Lucky feller.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor