GRAND PRIX New in Pittsburgh, 81 Grand Prix

Status
Not open for further replies.

brrian

Master Mechanic
Jul 7, 2022
Pittsburgh, PA
Got my 81 Grand Prix this morning. Two weeks ago I drove 4-1/2 hours to see it.. inspected it as best I could and it seemed to be mostly rust-free. The real test was today when I was able to really tear into it, and I was happy to find no hidden issues. The only real rust I found was above one of the rear body mounts. Relief! The V6 needs a tune-up until I can get something bigger in there. There are some minor issues to fix... headlights don't work, weatherstripping needs replaced & lots of other little things. Then suspension, then wheels, then who knows. I'm excited to finally have my car, and to be a part of this group, and I look forward to learning from all of you, and eventually being able to help others!

gp1.jpg

gp2.jpg

Reactions: 5 users

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
Make sure you look for any rust stains around the vinyl top & water & rust stains inside under the part of the roof. Those can turn rust free into a shjt moment real easy.

Reactions: 1 user

brrian

Master Mechanic
Jul 7, 2022
Pittsburgh, PA
Make sure you look for any rust stains around the vinyl top & water & rust stains inside under the part of the roof. Those can turn rust free into a shjt moment real easy.
I checked all of that as best I could & I didn't see or feel anything from the outside. I'm redoing the headliner anyway so I'll check it out from the inside when I do that.

SS_Malibu

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Sep 27, 2021
Mesa, AZ
Welcome to the GBodyForum!
Very nice start to work with. One step at a time. Carefully plan out your projects. Most of us are working on one project but are also researching the next two or three projects. There are a few guys out there in the Pittsburgh area and I too used to live there as well. Elisabeth/Mt. Pleasant. Miss the green. Hate the winters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor