New Member… 83 Cutlass w/ vortex 350 sbc

Status
Not open for further replies.

dxGrandson

n00b
Jun 22, 2020
MidWest Georgia
Hey g body owners I’m new to the community but I’ve just bought a 83 cutlass calais w 350 sbc. It has aftermarket gauges installed but I was wondering can I convert back to rallye pack cluster and how?

I already have rallye cluster installed all gauges and lights worked except speed, oil, gas and coolant

ELCAM

Royal Smart Person
Jun 19, 2021
My aftermarket speedometer uses a cruise control speedometer cable with screw on connectors on both ends.

CC Speedo cable1.jpg

The factory speedometer used a push on end on the speedometer end. Likely your going to need a new speedometer cable to convert back.

non CC speedo cable1.jpg

Need more info for the other gauges. What is there now? Is the dash wiring connector still there? Is the current oil pressure gauge a capillary or electrical one? Is the temperature gauge a thermocouple or electric one?
Did you get the wiring harness for the rallye gauges? Pics never hurt.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

dxGrandson

n00b
Jun 22, 2020
MidWest Georgia
My aftermarket speedometer uses a cruise control speedometer cable with screw on connectors on both ends.

View attachment 181726

The factory speedometer used a push on end on the speedometer end. Likely your going to need a new speedometer cable to convert back.

View attachment 181727

Need more info for the other gauges. What is there now? Is the dash wiring connector still there? Is the current oil pressure gauge a capillary or electrical one? Is the temperature gauge a thermocouple or electric one?
Did you get the wiring harness for the rallye gauges? Pics never hurt.
I’ll take pics when I get home and I bought the speedo cabl with double screw heads but I had to convert it to the bottom pic and yes the car came with the original rallye cluster and harness already installed

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor