New member, First time gbody owner.

Status
Not open for further replies.

street sweeper

Greasemonkey
Jun 12, 2017
Central Indiana
Hello,

Like the title states I am a new member to the forum and a new gbody owner. Recently picked up a 1979 Regal Sport Coupe.

It is definitely a project. But the frame is solid and the body is in pretty good shape considering i am in the mid west and it seems to be nothing on the bottom of cars around here can escape rust.

It is a turbo 3.8 with the draw through carb. But the turbo is blown and the transmission needs some work.

Plans for this summer/fall are to get the 3.8 and trans out and get a ls and th400 stabbed into it.

IMG_20170529_124920_667_zpsjw8qcmgj.jpg

IMG_20170529_204842_190_zps564wbcyb.jpg

0531171913a_zpsbqe6olnq.jpg

Reactions: 6 users

SupremeSpeed

G-Body Guru
Sep 29, 2016
GA
Welcome to the group from Ga. Always a pleasure seeing these rare gems get a new lease on life! Pleas keep pics of the progress coming.

jiho

Royal Smart Person
Jul 26, 2013
Aw, why don't you wanna fix that Buick turbo? :D

• Agree
  • Optimistic
Reactions: 2 users

lilbowtie

Comic Book Super Hero
Jan 7, 2006
Canton Mi
WELCOME - the purist would like to see that rare bird restored, I'm just happy it's being saved.

• Agree

street sweeper

Greasemonkey
Jun 12, 2017
Central Indiana
Aw, why don't you wanna fix that Buick turbo? :D

im doing a budget build. So in terms of hp/$ the buick is not going to get me where i want or anywhere near for the amount im looking to spend.

WELCOME - the purist would like to see that rare bird restored, I'm just happy it's being saved.

It seems to me these cars are so rare or obscure that no one outside of a niche groups appreciates them. Which make of that what you will, but they are still out there and this one is far from perfect. Ultimate goal is to end up with a turbo powered regal again, just wont be powered by a buick 6.

• Winner

Carl1984Gbody

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jun 12, 2017
Wow never seen one like that with a blown through carb. I will def be watching the new install and what changes you need to make. Very cool.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

lilbowtie

Comic Book Super Hero
Jan 7, 2006
Canton Mi
It seems to me these cars are so rare or obscure that no one outside of a niche groups appreciates them. Which make of that what you will, but they are still out there and this one is far from perfect. Ultimate goal is to end up with a turbo powered regal again, just wont be powered by a buick 6.[/QUOTE]

I think the number made was just shy of 2700 - the sad part is they really aren't worth anything. I have an 84 Mustang GT Turbo 5 spd convertible
731 made and I have 1 of 1 on color - not really worth anything.

quickstage1

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jun 12, 2017
Elkton, MD
Looks like a start for a fun project. I picked up a '79 Regal Limited project for my son's first car recently. We considered the LS swap but decided to go with a Buick 350 for his. I've been working on Buick engines forever and have a few laying around already to work with. Good luck with yours.

Ken

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
Must. Not. Ask. For. Turbo. Parts.

stick to the plan, Mike... stick to the plan.

Welcome!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor