New member from Maryland

Status
Not open for further replies.

quickstage1

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jun 12, 2017
Elkton, MD
Just picked up a '79 Regal project to rebuild with my son for his first car. It's a Limited with 231 V6 with 64,000 miles. Runs great but we plan to build up a Buick 350 for it, paint it and make it handle and stop better. He is really excited about it. I've owned a few G-bodys before, an 87 Regal that I put a Buick 350 in and an '87 Regal Turbo T. I miss them both. I've owned Buicks since I started driving, still have my first car a '70 Skylark with 455 and a '70 GS 455 4-speed convertible that I did a frame off restoration on. I'll be posting some parts wanted ads soon for some odds and ends for the Regal.

Ken
79 Regal 2.jpg

Reactions: 4 users

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Welcome aboard Ken.
Looks like you're well seasoned in Buicks.
I love the '70-'72 Skylarks and GS'....and sportwagons, too.

Good find on the Regal.

quickstage1

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jun 12, 2017
Elkton, MD
Thanks for the welcome. I got addicted to Buick low end torque a long time ago. I will check out the Blazer brake upgrade for sure, thanks for the tip.

Ken

Reactions: 1 user

Jeff L

G-Body Guru
Nov 20, 2016
Southern AZ
Welcome from AZ Ken. Nice Regal.

quickstage1

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jun 12, 2017
Elkton, MD
The Regal is in pretty good shape. Under the car it has no rust at all that I have found. The front bumper has some rust thru and some on the lower doors and deck lid, both look to be repairable. Other then a little faded the interior is in great shape. We will probably be swapping in some bucket seats and a console out of something.
What transmission should be in the car, it has the Buick 3.8. Is it the TH200? We found the build sheet under the rear seat and the trans code is KE.

Ken

quickstage1

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jun 12, 2017
Elkton, MD
Thanks guys, we started the tear down this week. We are starting the body work next week and hope to paint it by the end of summer.

Ken

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor