New member got some EFI questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saxon

n00b
Mar 11, 2018
Hello my name is Saxon I'm new to the forum.
I own a 87 cutlass.
The cutlass has a stand alone Accel system and I can't find much info about it. Anyone have experience tuning this system? Is it worth keeping? Can't find much info on the web and I haven't found a tuner in my area to give me insight. Thanks in advance! Attached is the control module and some pictures of the ride!

Attachments

• IMG_3446.JPG
    IMG_3446.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 136
  • IMG_3782.JPG
    IMG_3782.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 137
  • IMG_3795.JPG
    IMG_3795.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 134
  • IMG_4922.JPG
    IMG_4922.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 131
  • IMG_4923.JPG
    IMG_4923.JPG
    1,013.6 KB · Views: 137
  • IMG_4924.JPG
    IMG_4924.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 133

L92 OLDS

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 30, 2012
West Michigan
Hello my name is Saxon I'm new to the forum.
I own a 87 cutlass.
The cutlass has a stand alone Accel system and I can't find much info about it. Anyone have experience tuning this system? Is it worth keeping? Can't find much info on the web and I haven't found a tuner in my area to give me insight. Thanks in advance! Attached is the control module and some pictures of the ride!

Welcome to the forum Saxon.

Back 20 years ago, long before the GM operating system was exploited by products like HP Tuners, Accel DFI was a great option. I spent over $1200 for an Accel stand alone harness / ECU and put a 96' LT1 Corvette motor in my truck. It's performed flawlessly for me but now very difficult to tune since you need the Calmap software and the tuning dongle. I would also like more information if anyone has an easy solution. Rich Jensen @ Cruizin Performance tuned mine back in the day but has since gotten out of the business. Now an easier solution would be to buy the factory harness and ECM from a junkyard LT1 car.

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
Does that have a supercharger on it? How does it run presently?

I know nothing of the Accel system and I'll bet that you're going to run into a dilemma as described by Anubis. It would be an easy setup to swap to an MS2, but that'll run you about $800-900 with hardware and O2 sensor, but it would work great. You caught me off guard with the Accel Super Ram pic, I have one of them in the driveway on one of my son's friend's car. They are demanding to find parts for and make it pain to work on the top end of the car. We swapped injectors and it was more than a day project - ughhh. But it runs great NA sitting on top of a well built 355.

Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor