Not open for further replies.

Capote

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Apr 19, 2016
Newnan, GA
Hey there guys, glad to be here! :mrgreen:

Just a little about myself first:
-24yrs old
-U.S. Army Veteran: Oct 2010-Mar 2016; 13B Cannon Crewmember, stationed at Ft.Stewart, GA
-Father of two amazing 3yr old twins, Oscar & Ruby, they're fraternal not identical. Unfortnately they live with their mother... (divorced)
-I'm a Gear head, I love working with my hands and I love working on vehicles, especially me and my bud's Chevy Traiblazer's, which are far from stock in looks and performance

I grew up in my dad's late 80's White colored Cutlass Supreme with T-Tops when I was a kid, and ever since then I always wanted to get my own someday; well 2 weeks ago it happened. I got my hands on an 84' Cutlass Supreme with a swapped Chevy 350 & 700r4 trans (3000* miles on both apparently), Edelbrock 4 barreled carb, and half of a/c system already dismantled for $1500. Body is in pretty good shape only one dent on the front fender that can easily be popped out. It's been primed it seems for quite a while, to the point where it's chipped off in a few spots and is revealing the original gold colored paint underneath, which looks in great shape. I don't know why the previous owner bothered. Interior just needs a little TLC and cluster unfortunately doesn't work at all. So i'll need to delve into that, just haven't gotten around to it yet. I don't plan on doing any paint, just fixing up the interior with fresh parts and beefing up the motor and trans, as well as eventually upgrade the garbage 2.41 gears it's got in the rear. Guess i'm going for a sleeper build. Looked up the RPO codes and this Cutlass used to have a 3.8l v6 (yuck!), explains the crap gears.
I find it funny how I've gotten asked 8 times in the past two weeks if i'd sell it, considering how it looks. On top of that I've gotten into several long conversations about G-body's and 350's because of my Cutlass, from curious neighbors. Never realized, just how popular and loved G-Body's are, despite even if they looks like crap.

Pics:
IMG950539.jpg
IMG950540.jpg

I'm new to the world of Gen 1 Chevy 350's, carburated engines, and G-Body's, besides being around my Dad's Cutlass as a kid. So bare with me, but i'm not unfamiliar with working on vehicles. My daily driver is a 2004 Chevy Trailblazer 4.2l i6, that is highly modified. It's my baby, I spent a lot of time on her. To the point where i'm pushing close to 300HP. So i'm very capable of doing a lot of work myself and if not, my bud can give me a hand, he's also a big gear head.

Pics:
IMG_20160326_183357.jpg
IMG_20160326_182639.jpg
IMG_20160125_073506.jpg
IMG_20160326_145813.jpg

Link to my Trailblazer build: http://gmtnation.com/forums/threads/capotes-build-thread-batblazer.12058/

Sorry for the long introduction...

Last edited:

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Welcome aboard!
The Cutlass appears to have a lot of potential, and looks like a nice solid foundation for a cool build.
Your Trailblazer is a cool looking vehicle. I like the lowered stance.

Reactions: 1 user

Capote

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Apr 19, 2016
Newnan, GA
Welcome aboard!
The Cutlass appears to have a lot of potential, and looks like a nice solid foundation for a cool build.
Your Trailblazer is a cool looking vehicle. I like the lowered stance.
Thanks man, yeah I've already stripped a lot out of the engine bay and i'll be putting in some headers soon. That'll be the first big change to be done with it in my hands, it's still running the stock manifolds and it's being really restrictive. Acceleration is extremely slow

Yup I've put a lot of work into the Trailblazer, she handles superbly and is pretty quick. Going to put some 3.73's into it sometime soon.

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Nice! Keep us up to date on your Cutlass' progress. I think you'll get to like it once you add a few personal touches.

Reactions: 1 user

Capote

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Apr 19, 2016
Newnan, GA
Nice! Keep us up to date on your Cutlass' progress. I think you'll get to like it once you add a few personal touches.
Will do, plan on starting a build thread soon after i finish up a few things. Thinking of blacking out all the chrome, i'm currently Plastidipping the headlight bezels and grill in the garage now

Pedrolif

Greasemonkey
Mar 28, 2016
New Hampshire
Your Cutlass reminds me of my brother's 87. It ended up primer grey with the original white showing through for racing stripes up and over. Looks like one solid car, and the 'blazer is looking pretty sharp too. Can't wait to see what you do with them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor