New member here

Status
Not open for further replies.

08Malibu

Royal Smart Person
Feb 9, 2014
North Jersey
New member here. Name's Chris and I'm from NJ. I've owned my Malibu since 2006. It's a 1981 Malibu Classic with 36000 original miles and I'm the second owner. I picked it up back then for $650 and she's really clean, sorry just had to rub it in. The owner had alzheimer's and it had to be sold. Luckily I was able to get it as her son was about to sell it to a cook that he worked with to use as a daily driver. I've been working on it little by little over the past few years but progress isn't what I'd like it to be. So far I've added Hotchkis springs, corvette rally's, and swapped in a V8. The only problem is that it's a 305 but I was planning on upgrading to a 350,but now I'm second guessing that. I'd love to paint it but since I do it for a living it's always on the back burner. Right now I'm just happy to be able to drive it around on nice days and don't want to take it off the road. That's about it, look forward to checking out this site.

King_V

Master Mechanic
Jul 17, 2013
Sicklerville, NJ
Welcome Chris - from a South Jersey G-body owner!

And, yeah, rub it in, why don't ya? :p LOL

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
G-Body of the Month
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Welcome aboard Chris,
As they say :arrow: :worthless:

CardboardHero

Not-quite-so-new-guy
May 3, 2011
Welcome aboard.

As a new member...you are responsible for buying every previous member a cheeseburger!

Doug213xrj

Royal Smart Person
Dec 30, 2011
West Michigan
Welcome from West Michigan, Chris.

Doug

08Malibu

Royal Smart Person
Feb 9, 2014
North Jersey
Been so busy with trying to get my boat together that my Malibu took a back burner. I pulled it out of the garage a few months back and found out the seal on the torque converter is shot and it covered the headers with ATF. So as of right now it undrivable and my workshop, a small single car garage, is full of boat parts. Poor car's been neglected by me for too long now. I'm hoping to get some time to work on it over the winter. Here's a pic of her. She doesn't look as good now as I started doing some bodywork soon after this pic was taken. The bottom of both doors have rust and the seam by the roof has to be finished since the car was originally a vinyl top car.
image_zps2d77ff0d.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor