New member, longtime g-body fan

Status
Not open for further replies.

mc1984ss

Master Mechanic
May 18, 2020
I've been telling myself for a long time that I need to sign up here and I finally did. I have been a member over at Malibu Racing for about 20 yrs or so. I have a 84 Monte Carlo SS. Back in the day I swapped in a BBC and a th-400. I tore the car apart to repaint it, got married, had kids and the rest is history. I finally started tinkering with it after sitting for 10.5 yrs. My goal for this year is just to get it running again.

Thanks for all the good info here!

Reactions: 2 users

5spdCab

Royal Smart Person
Dec 29, 2019
Tukwila, Wa.
mc1984ss, welcome to GBF, from Seattle, Wa.
'78 Caballero and '79 El Camino.
If you have some pics and history, we would like to see and hear about it.

Reactions: 1 user

blk7gxn

Royal Smart Person
Feb 7, 2019
I've been telling myself for a long time that I need to sign up here and I finally did. I have been a member over at Malibu Racing for about 20 yrs or so. I have a 84 Monte Carlo SS. Back in the day I swapped in a BBC and a th-400. I tore the car apart to repaint it, got married, had kids and the rest is history. I finally started tinkering with it after sitting for 10.5 yrs. My goal for this year is just to get it running again.

Thanks for all the good info here!
WELOCME! Glad to hear you still have the bug, I truly don't think you ever lose it once you get it. Hope to see some pictures :)

mc1984ss

Master Mechanic
May 18, 2020
I bought the car with a bad transmission when I was senior. I limped it to school and replaced the transmission in high school auto shop. Since then it went from a 305 to a 350 then to a 454. It has a th-400 trans in it now with a chevelle 12 bolt using SSM rear control arms. The floor pan has been repaired and the sunroof has been removed, and filled in. It has new carpet, new headliner and a semi smoothed firewall. It needs quarter panel repair and a paint job. Part of the reason it got parked is because the help I was supposed to get painting it fell through. Right now I am just trying to update some of the wiring I did yrs ago before I knew better. I remade a headlight harness And added relays. I'm remounting and rewireing the ignition box and need to wire my new electric fan. The gas tank is currently out of it because I figure it's nasty inside from sitting so long. As long as it's out I have some very minor rust on the bott. Of the trunk to repair before I put a new tank in. This may sound crazy but my plan is to get it running with the current carburetor and an in tank electric pump. I'm going with the in tank pump because I plan on switching to Efi some day. I have an Aeromotive regulator that will work for either with a spring change. Right now I just need to get it running even if it's from a gas can. I do not want to drive it on the old tires for safety reasons. I'll have to get some pictures later. Thanks everyone!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor