new member: Mincom79

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mincom79

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jun 15, 2022
Hello All,
'79 m.c..JPG

As a new member, thanks for adding me to the forum !

Following a seven-year search, I found a factory-stock, unrestored '79 Monte Carlo meticulously maintained
from new to 2017 with 36K miles (..the original owner's estate claiming use for vacations, while in storage
during winters)
I became the fortunate second "caretaker" of the car since its listing in Hemmings via private owner in the
midwest. It continues to be "babied" while driven year-round, now in S. Carolina.

Looking forward to reviewing all advice regarding good used part sources and recommendations for quality
aftermarket mfrs. ...when the need does, and WILL, arise ! :LOL:

Best Regards,
Mincom79

• Love
Reactions: 11 users

dmac35242

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Dec 23, 2021
Birmingham, AL
Welcome. Congrats on your purchase.
Seven year search? Looks like the wait was worth it.

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
Welcome to the site from Houston. Congratulations on finding that survivor.

87Aero

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Aug 29, 2021
NY
This is a great car/ story. More pics!

I was at cars and coffee Sunday and there was a 79 or 80 there and the interior was nearly identical to my 87 SS. It was so close. Sitting in the car was almost my car. Did not know they had that unless a swap occurred. Did not get the story from the owner.

Kamloops cutlass

Master Mechanic
Jan 27, 2021
Kamloops bc
Welcome from Kamloops BC
Cool ride , you referred to yourself as the caretaker , does that mean you are going to try to keep it all factory original as possible ? Or give her an update ?
Either way good luck

SS_Malibu

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Sep 27, 2021
Mesa, AZ
Welcome to the GBodyForum!
Sweet Ride! With such a nice factory survivor as you have, keeping the car factory looking should be a must. That's not to say keep it all original, it's to say any upgrades should be done to keep it "factory looking" if they used good stuff.
Start enjoying your car. You've waited long enough to enjoy it.

Streetbu

Know it all, that doesn't
Supporting Member
May 22, 2011
Central NY
Welcome, but we really need more pics to verify, well nothing, I just love car pics LOL

Reactions: 1 user

79 USA 1

Royal Smart Person
Sep 2, 2011
Cheektowaga, New York
Welcome from Western New York.
I understand long searches for the right car, Took over 8 years to find my blue 79 Monte Carlo. Much to my surprise it was the same car many years earlier I failed to win in an E-Bay auction.
Looking forward to more pictures of your stunning purchase.

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor