New member, need help finding part

Status
Not open for further replies.

fleming442

Captain Tenneal
Dec 26, 2013
It sounds more like a door panel with a hole for the remote mirror was installed with no remote mirror, unless they all had remote mirrors in which case, it probably fell down in the door....

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
It sounds more like a door panel with a hole for the remote mirror was installed with no remote mirror, unless they all had remote mirrors in which case, it probably fell down in the door....

Not sure about elcaminos, but I know other gbodies had in some years had (rare) manual mirrors on both sides. Kept a pair of manual chrome mirrors off a regal that was totaled out in the early 2000s. It was the first time I'd ever seen one actually on a car.

Charlyhtx

Apprentice
Apr 10, 2018
Yall were correct. It was inside the door. Only bad news is it does not have the trim piece to hold it in place. Neither one has it. Is there any place I can find them, or even what they're called? Thanks in advance

88AZSS

Master Mechanic
Mar 13, 2018
Mesa, AZ
For the drivers side door bezel, they can be found on ebay for around $35. I'm not sure if this is the same one you would use in the dash for the passenger side mirror or not. Otherwise, its likely something that can be found in any G Body in a local u pull it or even in the for sale section here on the forums. Welcome aboard!

81Lcamino

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Apr 2, 2018
Also check out Original Parts Group (OPGI.com) and Eckler's El Camino store (ElCaminoStore.com) if you can't find a good used part. OPGI can be on the expensive side, but fit and quality good compared to some less expensive stuff.

O. D. Showtime

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 6, 2009
Regina Sask. Canada
Yall were correct. It was inside the door. Only bad news is it does not have the trim piece to hold it in place. Neither one has it. Is there any place I can find them, or even what they're called? Thanks in advance

I'm sure I've got a couple of the door panel bezels....

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
I'm sure I've got a couple of the door panel bezels....

If O.D. can't find one let me know, I have some on the shelf.

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor