New Member Saying Hello

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sheepdog

n00b
Aug 14, 2018
Hi all. Been lurking here awhile and I figured I would finally take the time and register as a member. I came up on Mopars but growing up in the 80s, it was hard not to love the G body's. I finally built my first one 3 years ago, a street sleeper 1983 Malibu 9C1 with a 383 and TH700 that has no problem keeping up with new Camaros, Challengers, etc. Its a fast, fun car.

Then last summer I came across one of my dream cars, a 1987 Grand National. It wasnt running and was abandoned at the body shop that was painting my '69 Charger. Long story short, I made a deal with the owner, got it running and cleaned up and now its a strong runner. It's mostly stock with a Duttweiler intercooler, a little work done to the turbo and GTA wheels.

You all have some impressive cars!

Attachments

• IMG_20180814_192952513.jpg
    IMG_20180814_192952513.jpg
    5.1 MB · Views: 153
Reactions: 4 users

vanrah

G-Body Guru
Apr 16, 2013
Near Afton, Wisconsin
Welcome SheepDog; Another 9C1 owner, WOW. We are in a very exclusive group. And I have to mention that mine only has 2 doors. So have you ever taken yours to the drag strip? Anyway welcome to the best site on the internet. The guys here are like family. Feel free to pick our collective brains as many here are Super well informed. Take care Ole' Bob.

Reactions: 1 user

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
Wlcome and nice cars, you can set up your own high speed chase with those two cars....:)

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Welcome aboard! Two very cool G-bodies. Love the 9C1 plain wrapper. (y)

Sheepdog

n00b
Aug 14, 2018
Thank you all! Like I mentioned, you all have some very impressive cars and the vibe here on the board seems really cool, Im glad I finally registered.

Vanrah, the Malibu has not been to the track but the GN has; I got a 13.37 @ 101 with it 2 weeks ago and it was a very humid night (Im in SE VA) so with some more tuning and better air, it might very well be a high 12 second car. The Malibu is about as quick a new stock 5.0L Mustang though and as you are well aware, the 9C1 suspension really helps it handle and my intent with the car was to make it do a little bit of everything well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor