New Member saying Hi!

Status
Not open for further replies.

rythmplaya

n00b
Feb 27, 2018
Campbell River
Hello,
I'm new to the G-Body forum and new to G-Body's in general. Haven't had a car to play with in a very long time.
Built some hot rods and muscle cars back in the day but not many GM's and never a G-Body. I found quite possibly the worst 81 Cutlass still running and driving...what have I got myself into???
This seems like a pretty cool place to hang out and a great resource for help. Happy to be here.
Question...anyone else from Vancouver Island?
Cheers
rythmplaya

Reactions: 2 users

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Welcome aboard!
You've come upon one of the the coolest car forums on the web...or at least as far as G-body cars go.
What are your plans for the Cutlass?

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users

CaliWagon83

Royal Smart Person
Nov 12, 2017
Orange County, CA
I'm sure it's not "the worst" that's ever been seen. There's a broad variety of cars on this forum, from cherry to pretty roached out. You'll find plenty of ideas and support to finish and fix your car, whatever you want to do. This is one of the best automotive forums on the web, IMHO. Not just for G-Bodies, but ANY automotive forum. Welcome! :)

Streetbu

Know it all, that doesn't
Supporting Member
May 22, 2011
Central NY
Hiddy ho neighbor & welcome! Yeah we kinda have a little cult with our cars. Ask lots of questions!

rythmplaya

n00b
Feb 27, 2018
Campbell River
What are your plans for the Cutlass?

Hey Longroof79, thanks for the welcome.

The plans for the Cutlass are a fast, fun driver...but on the cheap. Something inspired by the cars of "Hot Rod Garage"...think Lucky Costa's '66 Chevelle but without the industry support and the "Tech Center" to build in.

I want it to be quick and responsive. It needs to handle well and I like the Pro Tour stance. It's going to be tight and rust free but I'm not spending a wheelbarrow full of money to make it look pretty 'cause I'm going to "beat it like it owes me money" then fix what I break.

The Cutlass will be built in stages as the budget will allow with the bulk of the work done by me each winter. It's not going to be a frame off and it can't be in pieces indefinitely. If I can't drive it each and every summer...what's the point.

I'll get a build thread up and running as soon as I get my head around it.
Oh and my Avatar is probably what it looked like when new and this is what it looked like when I bought it
CL pic.jpg

Cheers
rythmplaya

Reactions: 1 users

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Hey Longroof79, thanks for the welcome.

The plans for the Cutlass are a fast, fun driver...but on the cheap. Something inspired by the cars of "Hot Rod Garage"...think Lucky Costa's '66 Chevelle but without the industry support and the "Tech Center" to build in.

I want it to be quick and responsive. It needs to handle well and I like the Pro Tour stance. It's going to be tight and rust free but I'm not spending a wheelbarrow full of money to make it look pretty 'cause I'm going to "beat it like it owes me money" then fix what I break.

The Cutlass will be built in stages as the budget will allow with the bulk of the work done by me each winter. It's not going to be a frame off and it can't be in pieces indefinitely. If I can't drive it each and every summer...what's the point.

I'll get a build thread up and running as soon as I get my head around it.
Oh and my Avatar is probably what it looked like when new and this is what it looked like when I bought it
View attachment 87381

Cheers
rythmplaya
Sounds like it's going to be a fun driver. We'll be checking out your build as it progresses.

Jeff L

G-Body Guru
Nov 20, 2016
Southern AZ
Welcome from AZ. Good luck with the project.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor