New member with 1981 El Camino

Status
Not open for further replies.

jima

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 10, 2017
I picked up a 1981 El Camino this year.

So far it got a Blueprint 383, new fuel tank, G Force cross member, custom duals, electric tanneau releases, Autometer speedometer and tach replacing the original broken speedometer and clock in the gauge cluster, and some other small things, Lots more to do. I'm collecting parts to replace the cruise control parts that have been removed by previous owner(s). I'll be looking for info on installation of the cruise parts.

Reactions: 2 users

O. D. Showtime

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 6, 2009
Regina Sask. Canada
Welcome aboard Jim! Lots of great info here.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
Welcome to the site from Houston. Cool car and cool improvements. Are you looking to put the cruise back stock?

jima

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 10, 2017
Welcome to the site from Houston. Cool car and cool improvements. Are you looking to put the cruise back stock?

Yep. The turn signal/cruise lever is the only part of the cruise control parts still there. Got a transducer, wiring, vacuum lines, speedometer cables and bracket delivered today. Servo, etc shipped today so should have it by the end of the week. It'll be "fun" figuring it all out.

Reactions: 1 user

Andebe

Greasemonkey
Mar 6, 2017
Indiana
Welcome from Indiana. Hellva start!

Jeff L

G-Body Guru
Nov 20, 2016
Southern AZ
Welcome from AZ. Nice looking EL.

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Welcome aboard! Nice clean El Camino.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor