New member with a 1979 Monte Carlo landau

Status
Not open for further replies.

Onestopshop23

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 7, 2021
I put 24” rims on my 1979 Monte Carlo and redid the suspension got everything back together added 2 rocks to both sides so they don’t rub anywhere and get good clearance but now my tires lean in at the top badly. So I took all the shins out thinking this would but it didn’t. Went to the alignment shop he recommended that I get longer upper control arms any suggestions on which to purchase

Attachments

• 1F5DB699-F192-431D-BEC5-27A862584E99.jpeg
    1F5DB699-F192-431D-BEC5-27A862584E99.jpeg
    401.8 KB · Views: 175

303'505rollin

G-Body Guru
Sep 4, 2020
Colorado2newmexico
You'd have to modify your stock one like lowriders with extending them, find someone who sells tubular ones made for donks or you could modify caprice ones as they are 1" longer than Gbody if that's all you need

carnutjw

G-Body Guru
Sep 17, 2017

UNGN

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 6, 2016
Southlake, TX
Taller Ball Joints will fix the camber issues A LOT. and reduce most of the toe in/out during suspension travel.

All low riders/high riders should use them.

I guy i work with has a 13" wire wheel, full hydraulic's Regal and the Camber/toe changes during articulation are terrible and you can see it happening right in front of you.. It's painful for me to watch.

Tall ball joints.

Reactions: 1 users

Onestopshop23

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 7, 2021
You'd have to modify your stock one like lowriders with extending them, find someone who sells tubular ones made for donks or you could modify caprice ones as they are 1" longer than Gbody if that's all you need
Will the ones off a caprice fit or would I have to change the inner section where they bolt back on to the frame?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor