New member...

Status
Not open for further replies.

andrewb70

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Apr 27, 2017
So...My name is Andrew. I currently don't even own a g-body, but I am hopeful that one is in my near future. I'm an old ****er (47) and have a 1970 GTO and a 1967 Cougar...both LS swaps.

I've been daydreaming of a new project and a Monte Carlo SS seems to be exactly on point. The idea is to build a very reliable driver with modern upgrades. I've been on the look out for a completely stock car and there seem to be quite a bit of options in the area (I live in the south). I am done with spending money on paint and other such non-sense, so a complete original car will be the starting point.

The car will ultimately get a LS swap...not sure what flavor...a 4L80e...and other driveline modifications. I am also a moderator on pro-touring.com and a member of numerous other forums.

Any advice or comments are welcome.

Andrew

vanrah

G-Body Guru
Apr 16, 2013
Near Afton, Wisconsin
Welcome Andrew; Old F___er, hell your barely past middle age, that is if ya live to 80? I passed 70 laps last year & I'm only LMA (late middle aged)! Us Baby Boomer's voted & old doesn't start till at least 80. And when we get their we'll vote again & move old age up to maybe 85 or 90? Since you're so young & have the energy to do another car consider one of the rarest of all "A-G" bodies. My 9C1 two door, I'm looking for a new owner, but I'm Damn fussy who gets it. I'll try to post a link https://gbodyforum.com/threads/the-bronze-brick-a-very-unusual-9c1.54363/
The other issue is I want 1/2 my money back & that puts it out of reach of all but a very few. Take care & good luck, OLe' Bob.

andrewb70

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Apr 27, 2017
Hey Ole'Bob...

Thanks for the warm welcome. I don't feel like an old ****er, but seeing all these 20 somethings wrenching on cars sure makes me feel that way. You're right, I am not even "middle age..." Your car looks sweet, but I am probably not the right guy for it. I'd rip the soul out and do all kinds of nasty (good) things to it...LOL I've got my heart set on a Monte SS...

BTW...I used to live in Oshkosh...

Andrew

drogg1

G-Body Guru
Jan 25, 2009
Welcome! The gbody is an excellent platform for what your looking for. I believe there is a sticky somewhere on LS swapping as well as different ones on frame bracing and suspension. When you're looking, you want to especially look out for rusted rear frame rails, rocker panels, and floor pans. Any T-top car is likely to need floor pans.

Finding a clean car for a reasonable price seems to depend on the region you're in. Like you, here in Nebraska there are are hardly any gbodies for sale (cash for clunkers/dirt track racing) and when there are they are either a rust bucket or way overpriced or both.

When you do find one, this forum has a bunch of great guys to answer any questions you might have. Good luck on your search.

Also, I'd love to see your other cars if you want to post pics or point me to a thread about them?

kalidromos13

Master Mechanic
Oct 12, 2016
Palmdale, CA
Welcome aboard Andrew!! Greetings from California! Good luck on your search for a decent MC. Lots of potential with these vehicles, lots of upgrades available and lots of knowledge on this forum! Glad to have another person who is into pro-touring, i am also a member on pro-touring.com, but i have yet to post anything haha :doh:

79 USA 1

Royal Smart Person
Sep 2, 2011
Cheektowaga, New York
Andrew,
Welcome to the forum from Western New York and from another Old Focker (54)!
Hell every day spent on this side of the dirt is a good day in my opinion!

Bob S.

ItsnotaGN

G-Body Guru
May 28, 2016
Colorado
Since I'm 47, I'm going with 47 ain't old. Monte's a perfect driveline swap candidate, if it's numbers matching it's slow. Greetings from Denver CO.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
  • Agree
Reactions: 1 user

andrewb70

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Apr 27, 2017
Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor