Status
Not open for further replies.

TType85

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Apr 26, 2017
Garden Grove, CA
Just wanted to say hi from a new member. I have owned Turbo Buicks since the mid 90's and been a fan of G-Body cars since I was a kid in the 80's. My current toy is a 1986 Buick Regal T-Type. It is no where near stock but is very stock looking. I have a bunch of projects for this car and this message board looks to be a great resource on general G-Body stuff.

Here is a old pic of the car in it's natural habitat.
6mPFmMb.jpg

Reactions: 4 users

kalidromos13

Master Mechanic
Oct 12, 2016
Palmdale, CA
Nice Regal! Welcome to the Forum from Palmdale!! Nice to see another californian on the Forum haha I love this site and i read and use the search function everyday. Lots to learn from knowledgeable people who have a passion for GM G-Bodies.

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users

TType85

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Apr 26, 2017
Garden Grove, CA
I suck at remembering to take pictures of the car. I will have to find a recent engine pic.

After I got it running after it sat for nearly 8 years.
7QLorzN.jpg

Here is one from one of the biggest so-cal Turbo Buick events.
UedWHt1.jpg

One of my pup's looking to 'help' me as I started tearing out the interior a few weeks back.
VyNUsRm.jpg

Right now the interior is out except the dash so I can sound deaden, re-dye all the plastics and and put in new carpet and headliner.

Reactions: 6 users

vanrah

G-Body Guru
Apr 16, 2013
Near Afton, Wisconsin
Welcome Mr. TType; I remember 1986 & my good buddy debating witch way to influence his wife, a 5.0L Thunder Bird Sport (quadera track rear sup same as a 5.0L Mustang) or a Buick TType. Well she got the Buick & I helped her sell it a few years back. For a moment I thought yours & hers were the same color, but in the second batch of pictures I see yours was a two tone gold- tan combo (very nice I may add). Anyway I have NOS upper & lower factory OE radiator hoes if you're interested I'd like to get out of my garage? Again welcome, this is a great bunch of guys, Ole' Bob.
Ps: That's Daren 10 minutes after he purchased it from my buddies wife.

Attachments

• 87buick_Daren.jpg
    87buick_Daren.jpg
    876.6 KB · Views: 122
  • PICT0787.JPG
    PICT0787.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 121
  • PICT0796.JPG
    PICT0796.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 130
  • PICT0801.JPG
    PICT0801.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 142
Reactions: 3 users

TType85

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Apr 26, 2017
Garden Grove, CA
Welcome Mr. TType; I remember 1986 & my good buddy debating witch way to influence his wife, a 5.0L Thunder Bird Sport (quadera track rear sup same as a 5.0L Mustang) or a Buick TType. Well she got the Buick & I helped her sell it a few years back. For a moment I thought yours & hers were the same color, but in the second batch of pictures I see yours was a two tone gold- tan combo (very nice I may add). Anyway I have NOS upper & lower factory OE radiator hoes if you're interested I'd like to get out of my garage? Again welcome, this is a great bunch of guys, Ole' Bob.
Ps: That's Daren 10 minutes after he purchased it from my buddies wife.

I love the cream beige TR's you don't see many of them. The gold is light chestnut brown metallic which is also pretty rare to see. The tan interiors on these cars are odd that one has the lower kick panels in light saddle mine were a darker brown but not dark saddle like the dash. It's like the assembly line decided that well, it's brown it will work!

I have a set of NOS hoses sitting in my garage too. You might want to put them up on the turbo buick board.

Reactions: 1 user

Jeff L

G-Body Guru
Nov 20, 2016
Southern AZ
Welcome to the forum! Nice looking Regal.

I like your "helper pup"! Had one of our dogs help pull out a carpet many years ago. Became his new bed in the garage for a few days. I guess it was the throne for a conquering hero. lol

Good luck with your interior work. Plenty of help and information on this forum. It is the encyclopedia of g body knowledge. Hey, that is kinda catchy. I better trademark it! lol

Jeff

Reactions: 1 user

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
Welcome to the site from Houston. Cool car!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor