Jerrymrc

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Mar 9, 2018
KMC Germany
Been a G/A body owner since I bought my first one new in 1980. Have owned 1 79 Grand Am, 2 1980 Grand ams, one 1985 Elky and my current one is a 1986 1/2 2+2 I bought in 2002. I do have a lot of knowledge about the Grand am's And never should have sold the one I bought new. Undecided what I want to do with my 2+2 but It is stock (except paint) for now with 70K on the clock. I am currently in Germany on my retirement tour. 38 years down and 2 to go. Thanks for having me.

Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Welcome aboard Jerry!
We always long for the ones that got away. If you have any old(or new) pictures you'd be able to share, we'd love to see 'em.

Is your 2+2 in Germany currently? If so, I'm sure it sparks some interest over there.

Jerrymrc

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Mar 9, 2018
KMC Germany
Pictures I have on the laptop. the 2+2 before paint. My first 80 Grand Am. I modded it a bit too much back then. 455 in it, ran low 12's in altitude. Back then (late 80's) it was fun. I brought the car to Europe (81) and back then it caused quite a stir. I added the 1gen GA 7.4 Liter emblem and along with red Diplomatic plates was something. Last one is my second 80 GA. Both it and my first one I painted. I am a Pontiac person. I did not bring the 2+2 with me. It is back home with the 76 TA and 72 GTO. I did bring my 09 G8 with me. My original 80 GA wound up with tom the 2nd gen Grand am guy.

Attachments

clean8485

Royal Smart Person
Dec 18, 2005
Ontario, Canada
Welcome to the site. You've got some nice cars there! I like the blue Grand Am. Is that a homemade rear spoiler on the black car? Interest in the '78-'80 Grand Ams seems to be on the rise. Unfortunately, good ones are few & far between. I had a 2+2, but it was too far gone for it to be practical to restore. I ended up selling it to another 2+2 owner as a parts vehicle for the one that he had. Interesting cars. There are lots of good folks here. I hope you enjoy it.

Jerrymrc

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Mar 9, 2018
KMC Germany
Thanks. The Spoiler is one I received from a race team back when that raced GA's. I wrote a letter and asked about dimensions and received a box. Only used 1/4 of the holes to mount it. That picture was at the start of the modding process. I had just removed the 5mph bumpers front and rear. I built braces out of aluminum to mount both of them. I found a late pic of my 2+2. Almost cut and buffed and then just the reassembly. I have the factory decals to put back on it in gold/red.

Attachments

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S New Users 8
vlmohr New Users 5
M New Users 3
Huen79H/O New Users 21
Jesse80 New Users 28