Status
Not open for further replies.

k24556

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 5, 2021
New member. I'm in the process of finding the "right" G-body El Camino for a project. My plan is to find a really clean '81-87, then begin a process of modding to a 5.3 and manual trans. I've been doing some research, and want to learn from the experience of others rather than conduct "science fair projects". So I will probably ask several questions, and those questions may be elementary school in nature, so I expect to have to accept scoldings as I learn from others.

Right now, my ideal candidate would be a clean title, straight body, nice paint, and no rust to contend with. I've looked at a couple El Caminos, one has real potential and is priced reasonably, but the owner is hunting the title. The other is over priced and is too worn out.

My shop has a 2=post lift, welding equipment, and a pile of tools. I built the garage to support my Corvette track-days habit, but all things must pass. Old Mr. Cancer ended that fun. I'll post pics later. I live in Huntersville, NC, and as soon as I find the user CP I'll fix my avatar.

I'm impressed with this site for sure. I like a site where folks are considerate and polite, and cussin' kept to a minimum.

Reactions: 1 users

Flyers9928

G-Body Guru
Jul 30, 2014
South Central Pa
Welocome from PA! You are in the right place, I think that everything that be be done to a g body has been done at least once from some one here.

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users

k24556

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 5, 2021
Welcome from West Michigan. Maybe someday you can share your cancer story with us. There are a few on this forum currently struggling with it including me.
Thanks to all for the welcome. My story is I have high grade urothelial cancer. So far I’ve lost one kidney, and my urinary tract. As a result, I have an ileal conduit diversion with a pouch attached that is there all the time. It spread very quickly, and I didn’t respond to therapy, so surgery was the only answer. What I can say, is that a loving and caring family, and a large circle of friends, along with a winning attitude will ease the journey. Please know that the people on the cancer journey are in my prayers. Healing is of the heart and mind; then the body can respond in kind. While I had to give up some activities, I’m very active and work out every day. Then if there is something I’m working on, I’ll be in the garage.

Reactions: 2 users

79 GP 4 speed

Master Mechanic
Nov 12, 2017
Welcome from NC

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor