New Old Guy from Pittsburgh..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeff k

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jul 29, 2013
Hello,
Just wanted to introduce myself...

I'm 57 years old and have had a few neat cars in my day, mostly 60s Pontiacs...

I'm buying my first G body soon... I'm interested in the 78-81 El Camino... I always wanted an El Camino but wanted one that handled decently from the factory... I'm going to be looking at an 80 soon, it's a 350 3 speed stick car, is says SS on the doors but who knows.. The F-41 suspension should be a nice start..

Thank you,
Jeff

oldtinsmith

Royal Smart Person
Jun 14, 2010
Auburn, Michigan
Jeff, welcome to the site! I am an old guy ( 69 ) too. I have a 1980 el camino with the factory manual transmission ( V-6 ), but, soon to be a 350 with a 4-speed ( my "soon" could be another year! ). IIRC, the F-41 suspension from the factory ( in the el camino ) was a 1 1/8" front bar and no rear bar.

Doug

Bonnewagon

Lost in the Labyrinth
Supporting Member
Sep 18, 2009
Queens, NY
57? Old? When yinz are over 60, then talk. :rofl: Welcome, plenty of Pontiac guys here. In fact this is the only place I know where Buick, Chevy, Olds, and Pontiac guys get along just fine. Amazing but true!

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Welcome aboard Jeff!
From one oldie to another...65 to be exact. It's good to see more older guys on the site. 57 is not old..:)
Show these guys your cool Pontiac. I'm sure they'd appreciate it. ;)

Mat1227

Greasemonkey
Aug 28, 2010
Richfield, Ohio
Welcome Jeff, from another "Not so young" 54. I'm from about 40 miles up the Allegheny river from Pittsburgh, now live south Cleveland.

Mark

Jeff k

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jul 29, 2013
Thanks for the reply's... Still looking for that right El Camino....

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor