New old guy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kent

n00b
Feb 5, 2017
missouri ozarks
022.JPG
Hello from the Missouri Ozarks. First post, 127th car. I've been out of the "Hot Rod" scene for the better part of 20 years. Life sometimes gets in the way. Now I'm retired and enjoying being able to do it the "Right way". Quickly get reminded daily, there are some things I used to be able to do - "and willing to do them", that I just physically cannot do anymore. I've been a car guy since I can remember. Growing up in the 60's , where Dad and all his buddies were car guys. And my Uncles, Granddads and cousins had muscle cars. So I've decided to post some things on here, some things I've learned and maybe pay some back for some of the trolling I've been doing here. I love the accessibility of info these days. Hopefully everybody appreciates it as much as I do. I got lucky at a neighbors(John) expense when I found out he was selling "That El Camino out there in the carport". I'd seen it when they moved in 3 years ago. From a distance it looked ok, new paint job but lots of work left to do. Up close it looked pretty bad, aside from the new paint. But looked like it was still unmolested and complete. As the story unfolded, here's what I know. He was the second owner, his uncle bought it new in Conway Arkansas, had it serviced at the Chevy dealer until John bought it in 2007. It had some damage from sliding off in the ditch and creased the passenger door and quarter panel and popped the tire. Thats when it was parked for several years and John got it. So they put a Quarter on it and repaired the door, and did the 2 tone paint job. It was originally white....kinda wish they would have left it white, but it turned out pretty good. When I got it, it ran, but it was mostly still disassembled and the windows were down halfway, they were both off the tracks, and after sitting for 9 years, needed some major cleaning, and alot of restoring. So here's my ongoing resto-mod 78 El Camino project. Thanks!
008.JPG
022.JPG
227.JPG
237.JPG
025.JPG
002.JPG

Attachments

• 035.JPG
    035.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 209
Reactions: 2 users

Jeff L

G-Body Guru
Nov 20, 2016
Southern AZ
Welcome to the forum. Nice looking EL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor