New Old Guy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rancook

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 25, 2020
I've been googling a lot about G Body camber solutions and it brought me here. Lots of smart folks here, it seems. I have a Malibu drag car that I'm doing some upgrades on and would rather read other's information vs reinventing the wheel (or front suspension fixes).

Reactions: 1 users

melloelky

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 22, 2017
mass
welcome to the site Rancook,what upgrades do you have in mind @ this point?there's a bunch of us on here that have upgraded the front end as they do fall short a bit short.

Reactions: 1 user

Rancook

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 25, 2020
welcome to the site Rancook,what upgrades do you have in mind @ this point?there's a bunch of us on here that have upgraded the front end as they do fall short a bit short.
I want to get some travel in the front suspension. I'd like to put some Landrum 200# springs on it, a pair of double adjustable shocks, some .5" lower BJs and 1" uppers... I'd like to get the front end very low and have full upward travel of the suspension for weight transfer. Trying to do all that and get my camber and bump-steer under control.
Easy, right?

• Haha

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
Hopefully Mac posts - he's quite proficient with that you're trying to do.

Rancook

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 25, 2020
Hopefully Mac posts - he's quite proficient with that you're trying to do.
I think my google search turned me on to his posts and that's how I got here... Mac=Macguyver? I sent him a private message last night.

fleming442

Captain Tenneal
Dec 26, 2013
Are you looking to replace the control arms? If not, remove the bumper under the upper for more droop. Then, remove all the shims from the front bolt of the cross shaft, and get as many on the rear as possible and align. I got about 3.5⁰ caster and -0.5⁰ camber with Blazer 2" drop spindles. I used a Moog 5662 spring which is 650 lbs/in, I think. However, it's my daily and I like corners.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor