New Owner

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 25, 2020
previously owned 1984 monte ss , 1987 monte ss ttop, and today i purchased a 1987 monte ss ttop aerocoupe
car has 71k original miles very tight engine no leaks how much is car worth was originally silver and im repainting factory silver any info would be great as to what its worth havent seen too many aerocoupe ttop throughout the years

Attachments

• 23831065-0D6E-4BA6-B404-5C1E9C6DE54F.JPG
    23831065-0D6E-4BA6-B404-5C1E9C6DE54F.JPG
    285.9 KB · Views: 133

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
Welcome. Nice that you're restoring it to the correct color. I never understood why people repainted them different colors. Granted, people like different colors, but I wouldn't paint one a different color because....Aerocoupe.

Not like they're ultra-rare or anything, but they are somewhat cool as is, and there probably aren't all that many left. And......I'm sort of a purist.

Reactions: 1 user

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
Just my opinion but you're sorta damned if you do and dont.

You're not going to get top dollar on repaint unless done right - that means removing all trim and glass, INCLUDING that rear window and unobtainium seal.

Not knowing what/how the last paint was done complicates it further. If they just taped edges that makes it harder, tougher still if they messed up the seal and used things to "fix" the issues.

Reality is its worth what someone will pay and is going to depend how it turns out and how everything was done. Likely anywhere between 6500 to 15000. You want the high end it should look close to showroom floor - no fading, no stains, no cracks on a perfect 100% stock interior with no signs of work having been done. If you can literally eat off the drivetrain, frame, undercarriage and get repop original tires you might, maybe, push closer to 20k.

Reactions: 1 user
Jul 25, 2020
Just my opinion but you're sorta damned if you do and dont.

You're not going to get top dollar on repaint unless done right - that means removing all trim and glass, INCLUDING that rear window and unobtainium seal.

Not knowing what/how the last paint was done complicates it further. If they just taped edges that makes it harder, tougher still if they messed up the seal and used things to "fix" the issues.

Reality is its worth what someone will pay and is going to depend how it turns out and how everything was done. Likely anywhere between 6500 to 15000. You want the high end it should look close to showroom floor - no fading, no stains, no cracks on a perfect 100% stock interior with no signs of work having been done. If you can literally eat off the drivetrain, frame, undercarriage and get repop original tires you might, maybe, push closer to 20k.

thanks so much very detailed response greatly appreciated

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor