New personal best!

Status
Not open for further replies.

JAMCAR223

Royal Smart Person
Jun 6, 2014
Houston, TX.
Wanna talk recklessness... Here's something we can probably all agree on. Your more likely to get run over by a Mustang leaving Coffee & Cars 🤷‍♂️

• Haha
Reactions: 7 users

08Malibu

Royal Smart Person
Feb 9, 2014
North Jersey
When I was 17 I was racing my 97 golf against a civic. I know, I don’t know where my head was at either. Although I still have a soft spot for vws. I lost it on a slight curve going 130mph. I did a full 360 and managed not to hit anything. The tires on the left side of my brand new car were down to the belts, but me and my 4 friends were alive. That incident made me slow down because I was quite reckless up until that point. I thought I was in complete control, but I was inexperienced. You never know when you’re going to lose it.

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
When I was 17 I was racing my 97 golf against a civic. I know, I don’t know where my head was at either. Although I still have a soft spot for vws. I lost it on a slight curve going 130mph. I did a full 360 and managed not to hit anything. The tires on the left side of my brand new car were down to the belts, but me and my 4 friends were alive. That incident made me slow down because I was quite reckless up until that point. I thought I was in complete control, but I was inexperienced. You never know when you’re going to lose it.
Doesn't even have to be you losing it. Ever hit a rabbit, an armadillo, or even a deer, bear, or moose at low-speed? Scale that upwards with the momentum and ability to lose control as you get faster.

Imagine a dog running into the road going 120+??? Talk about things going bad quickly...

Reactions: 1 user

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
Wanna talk recklessness... Here's something we can probably all agree on. Your more likely to get run over by a Mustang leaving Coffee & Cars 🤷‍♂️
You're alright James, I don't care what anyone says :):):)

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
FWIW, a few years ago I lost the ability to drive a manual transmission among countless other activities and hobbies. Heck, even lost the ability to walk any appreciable distance without keeping a cane, due to a reckless driver operating their vehicle negligently and with excess speed. They also thought they were OK.

Watching police handcuff someone and write citations isn't much consolation comparatively. Probably been 4 or 5 years since I've been taking 2 dozen or more pills a day of various types.

I had slow cars and fast cars. Still have slow cars and fast cars. There's a time and a place to open them up.

But you know what they say, it can never happen to you right?

• Winner
Reactions: 1 users
Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
Never seen high speed instability on a G body, had mine pretty fast. Our 75 Nova 4 door, the back end started floating at around 90 mph, I believe.

Fnlowrider

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Feb 23, 2020
Myrtle beach
It's fun to be a guy isn't it? I always say "We ain't having fun till we dial 911" Your ride looks good. Thanks for sharing.

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

Smack-it

Apprentice
Dec 31, 2018
View attachment 176948
Definitely more there, but 124.75MPH sustained blasting on the highway tonight. Our highways are definitely not freeway quality.
FUN! -until the air starts getting underneath....
Previous best was 121.52MPH and started to crow-hop.
Without any air dam / GFX, it held surprisingly well tonight.
Hey, I’m not one of the “ you shouldn’t do that” I’m only curious how you knew it went 124.75 opposed to 124.... just curious
View attachment 176948
Definitely more there, but 124.75MPH sustained blasting on the highway tonight. Our highways are definitely not freeway quality.
FUN! -until the air starts getting underneath....
Previous best was 121.52MPH and started to crow-hop.
Without any air dam / GFX, it held surprisingly well tonight.

fleming442

Captain Tenneal
Dec 26, 2013
The Rusterado shuts off around 105-108, I think, definitely a fuel cut, picks back up .......

Wait. Wut?
mr narrins GIF

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor