New Question / Answer Function

Status
Not open for further replies.

GP403

Administrator
Site Admin
Feb 25, 2005
Rolla, MO
Hey everyone. So with the software update, I've gone ahead and enabled the "Question" thread type on most of the forum sections (not the classifieds though)... so I figured I'd throw the first one out there so you can see how it works.

You'll notice tabs at the top of the page now, so if you want to ask a question that people can vote the answers to up or down (similar to how Reddit works) you flip over to the "Question" tab.

If you're happy with the most upvoted answer (or just don't like any of them) you can go back and "edit thread" to turn off the question "actions" ... and freeze things like they are.

This way if you have a question you can ask it this way, the correct answer gets voted to the top so you don't have to wade through multiple pages of potentially bad or useless info to get to it.

So ima ask the question, does this look useful or is it just another way to confuse people?

answer away and y'all can play with the up/down vote thing. I will throw this out there, if I see the downvoting used to harass or otherwise mess with users just because.... I do have the admin capability to turn it off so you can only upvote, like I had to do with the "negative" reactions...

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
Live by the sword, die by the sword!
mao mao battle GIF by Cartoon Network

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor