MALIBU New Rear Bumper Source

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ratchet

Master Mechanic
Jan 10, 2018
I’m looking for a source of a new rear bumper for a Malibu coupe. All the typical sources show the wagon/El Camino bumper. Do you know of any company’s that sell the coupe rear bumper?

Streetbu

Know it all, that doesn't
Supporting Member
May 22, 2011
Central NY
I'm assuming we're still talking about Bumper Boyz? They used to have a trailer full of them at the Syracuse Nationals. You could but them right there. The ones they brought there looked good.

Harrison Ford Shrug GIF by Star Wars

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
I'm assuming we're still talking about Bumper Boyz? They used to have a trailer full of them at the Syracuse Nationals. You could but them right there. The ones they brought there looked good.

Harrison Ford Shrug GIF by Star Wars
There were a couple vendors with stacks of bumpers of all different decades of cars at the last few meets I've been at. Might be worth hitting a couple of the bigger/more reputable ones in your area up to see what they all have. I know a lot of what I saw weren't 'new' per se, they were solid OEM cores that were rechromed- meaning not weaker alloy Chinese steel.

I understand the attraction of just click and buy online these days, but, there's really no substitute for putting your hands on a part before you buy. Just put in the effort and you may be surprised what you are able to turn up.

Reactions: 1 user

Ribbedroof

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Jan 4, 2009
Wellston, OK
Bumper Boyz have a LONG history of problems, I would suggest doing some research if one was contemplating using them. Many complain of chrome failing in a short time, as well as the previously mentioned issues.

Obviously, I have not used them for those reasons, but had a friend that had to use one a customer of his had provided that was sourced from them. Not good.

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor