New Rear end!

Status
Not open for further replies.

xcmx

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Dec 13, 2006
hey guys i decided to drop that 7.5 and go with a mopar 8 and 3/4 from a 72 dart. strange axles and 456's. art morrisons ladder bar set up with coil lovers. competition engineering ladder bar cross member.

l_7056a1ea7a628a3b28c8ea450c2c6fda.jpg

l_e50f38dae2f405496a98912e55d89bad.jpg

l_3e6017b67db50cfd5579fd499f0baf41.jpg

l_5d5bc3b92daf444825fd360c1c221dea.jpg

l_2c6998006712548dae0bcfd5f8fd81a8.jpg

i had to cut the floors to get the cross member in and box off the back floors to give the ladder bars room to move.

i will take more pics as i put the rear in the car.. im pooped out for today. but this is a idea of what u can run in ur car. just throwing it out there

Why wouldn't you just go with a moser?

i didn't go with one because this entire rear setup was free. all i had to do was weld it in. the guy with the rear ran high 9s in his duster on it and never broke it. i figured for free i might as well. it fit in nice and it looks good.

NICE DEAL!! I've got to figure out something myself. I can't beleive the price people will pay now for just stock posi crap... I just can't stomach paying real money for 7.5 junk!! And 8.5s have just gone bonkers at $750+ damn coil spring suspension makes everything tougher to retrofit too...

yes you said it coil spring I just finished a 9" for my cutlass and it is a lot of work to do it right

BB Olds said:
yes you said it coil spring I just finished a 9" for my cutlass and it is a lot of work to do it right

yes it is alot of work, theres a lot of cutting and welding...U can get a 9 inch to bolt up to ur factory control arms..

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor