New Stereo arrived today !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GuysMonteSS

Royal Smart Person
May 21, 2011
Kentville,Nova Scotia,Canada
My old Kenwood started acting up last year,probably from the pin connection where the faceplate goes on.
I liked that Kenwood,so I got another one,this is the Excelon KDC-X304 model.
This one is an upgrade from the old one,with more tuning features,but the operation is almost identical.
One of my car buddy's used to be a professional installer at one of the local shops,and he has agreed to put this one in for me.
Should be pretty easy for him,he installed one of my previous stereos several years ago.
I cant wait to start playing with the new one !!
Guy

Reactions: 8 users

fauxfour2

Greasemonkey
Apr 21, 2020
Nice, Just put the same one in mine. Crutchfield is great with the kit and instructions.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
I have a Kenwood excelon in my Jeep, good sounding radio with plenty of options

GuysMonteSS

Royal Smart Person
May 21, 2011
My friend Andy is going to install the new stereo on the weekend.
I cant wait to play with it and set it up the way I want !!
Guy

axisg

Comic Book Super Hero
Jul 17, 2007
YYZ
I have a very similar model in the work truck model 372u that I bough on sale 2 years ago. And another to go in the Monte ... when I get around to it. Only gripe is the microphone for the hands free calling apparently makes me sound like I am talking thru a tin can and a string unless I am parked in a quiet corner somewhere. And it only plays Flac files to a certain resolution ( which I am sure they have sorted in the last 2 years ). As well for a while ( because I was too lazy to look into it ) it could see but would not connect to my bluetooth connection with my phone last winter which required a factory reset. Otherwise I listen to podcasts from my phone. I listen to Flac files comedy \ music off a couple thumb drives. So much convenience in such a small package !

Been really happy with it overall

L92 OLDS

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 30, 2012
West Michigan
Nice, Just put the same one in mine. Crutchfield is great with the kit and instructions.

I have bought a lot of stereo equipment through the years and have never used Crutchfield because their prices are too high. Never understood how they could stay in business when their competitors beat them every time.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
I have bought a lot of stereo equipment through the years and have never used Crutchfield because their prices are too high. Never understood how they could stay in business when their competitors beat them every time.

prices are different in Canada, my friend who owns a stereo shop has shown me what his cost is and Crutchfield selsl a number of items it under his cost and below the MRP He complains to his rep about the price but nothing is done but his reps will complain if my friend's prices are below the MRP. The $168 price Guy paid is the same price of the unit on Amazon.ca....I don't think that is a coincidence.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
I checked with my friend and his cost is $121 for that 304. He'd sell it for $125 plus the gov just to get it off the shelf and out the door but he said the $168 isn't a bad price

Reactions: 2 users

GuysMonteSS

Royal Smart Person
May 21, 2011
I checked with my friend and his cost is $121 for that 304. He'd sell it for $125 plus the gov just to get it off the shelf and out the door but he said the $168 isn't a bad price

Steve I thought it was a good price.
When I bought my last Kenwood,I got it from a local stereo shop.I wanted an Excelon at that time,but he said that only authorized Kenwood dealer carried them,so I ended up with the one that I got.
Now I'm getting what I want !!!
Guy

Reactions: 2 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor