new to forum? but not to cars.

Status
Not open for further replies.

oldolds

Greasemonkey
May 17, 2017
pine city/rosaila washington
i was given a 1980 olds cutlass calais with rally gauges and t tops the engine is fairly new about 20,000 miles and the transmission was gone through a few years ago. but when they put the engine in instead of having the power wires go up on the firewall they ran the across the intake and under the throttle cable where it rubbed a hole in the insulation and melted a butch of stuff i have most of the damage under the hood fixed,the engine runs anyway.now to work on the interior i got the gauges out and found a printed circut at the wrecking yard then someone broke the clear plastic lense,and the knob for the trip meter broke.and the headlight switch switch was melted but i got a new one at napa for 20 bucks after explaining it to them for an hour as well as the relay for the horn. now i just need to figure out the ac controls electrically. i was able to buy a shop manual for this car but not before i bought one for a 84 and they are a little different. i also need to get the defrost duct work because mine was broke off right where it bolts on and i can't glue it and as i was taking the dash pad off the bolt broke and i cracked the windsheild (damn). there is suppose to be fusible links in the wires coming off the starter to the rest of the car but it doesn't have any,but i have the book now so i car fix theses problems. oh yea i forgot the power seats the cables for the transmission were broke.

Reactions: 1 users

Clutch

Geezer
Apr 7, 2017
Brick NJ
Greetings from dirty Jersey how about some pictures of that project there's a lot of smart people on here that can help with those projects

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

406 Monte

Greasemonkey
Jul 1, 2016
Minnesota
Welcome! You have found a wonderful forum with lots of great people and info. We Love Pics Here!

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

Doug213xrj

Royal Smart Person
Dec 30, 2011
West Michigan
Welcome from West Michigan.

Doug

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor