New to Forum

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clarkwb100

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Feb 7, 2019
Sugar Land, Texas
After several years of casual searching I found an "87 El Camino in North Carolina, standard car with a 305 V8, 4 speed automatic trans, roll up window and just 100,000 miles. It has been repainted (no runs but not a good job, but shines when waxed)

SInce then: Replaced body mounts, all suspension bushings (and transmission mount)with Energy Suspension polyurethane. Interior stripped out and sheet metal covered with "Peel & Seal" for insulation & soundproffing. The bench seat was replaced with a couple Speed Daddy buckets and an 2010 Impala console. Of course all trim was re-painted and the suitcase handles on the doors were replaced with walnut trim pieces. The wheels were swapped out for '69 Chevelle Rally wheels and 255-60 radials (really tight fit with a litte rub at full turn). The engine was replaced with a 350CI/ 300HP crate engine from Jegs. A Holley Avenger 600 CFM card and Edelbrock manifold. ALl shocks replaced with KYB gas units front and Monroe spring overload shocks in the rear. Of course, the Iceman double hump transmission bracket was installed to permit the real dual exhaust.

Lotsa other stuff including trim, radio.

Next steps are (1) rear sway bar.... Can anyone comment about what size? 1inch, 1-14"?
(2) Leather wrapped '78 Camaro steering wheel

Then... I think I'm done

Attachments

• El_Camino_-_passenger_side.zip
    107.6 KB · Views: 178
  • IMG_3657.jpg
    IMG_3657.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 219
Reactions: 2 users

bob64

G-Body Guru
Mar 30, 2017
Niagara Falls, Canada
Welcome to the family!! Nice Elcamino, lots of work you have done.

There are afew guys on here with some done up so they might be able to let you know about sway bar.

Clarkwb100

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Feb 7, 2019
Sugar Land, Texas
Welcome! Guess I'm on the hunt for a 2010 impala console, that looks good in there!
Thanks for the kind words, Console fits really good and using a little prep on the plastics the paint matches and hold tight! BTW - "LKQ Pick a part" has 40% off on Holiday weekends, I think I paid about $35 for the entire console!

Let me know if you need more pics.

mclellan83

Comic Book Super Hero
Jun 27, 2017
Pgh, PA
Nice strides on the interior, makes me jealous

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor